Upcoming map, dm_predator2

Started by jegu, Sep 02, 2007, 08:44:40 PM

Author
Upcoming map, dm_predator2 (Read 3,420 times)

jegu

jegu

Alright, here is upcoming map, called: dm_predator2. As the name tells you, it's based on Predator 2 movie. Map will have buildings from the movie: Penthouse, Armory, Slaughterhouse, King Willie's alley, Graveyard, EASTERN clock tower, Subway, LA Police Department and of course Predator ship (interrior and outerrior of it).
Other things coming to the map: Skyscrapers, high buildings, hive, Marine Base and maybe sewers...
The map has maybe 40-50% of it's places and it doesn't lag. The final version of the map is not recommended for slow computers.
I think I will make many versions of the map for example: Map could be divided into 4 different parts and 1 big part. So even people with not so good computers could enjoy the map.
Here is some pictures of the map. I will release more soon.

Want Some Candy?  :D

Picture from the Penthouse. Predator aiming at the first Jamaican.

Harrigan... I'll be watching you...

jegu

jegu

Marine Base. Outerrior. Surrounded by electrical fence, which can be switched off...

x-M-x

x-M-x

Nice map, cant wait !  8)

jegu

jegu

Thanks. Got help from redclaw, le celticant, extinction, windebieste and from AJL. Won't be so many bugs in my map after their help   :D :D :D :D :D

Huol

Huol

It's an awesome map.
Had fun playing it.  ;)
I trust the slaughter house will have keyes mobile base outside? :D

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Huol on Sep 03, 2007, 12:58:25 AM
It's an awesome map.
Had fun playing it.  ;)

Funny you should say that, because there's already a "slaughter house" map that does have keyes mobile base on it.

it's called =SC=SlaughterHouse and it's in the Map Pack

http://aliensvspredator2.filefront.com/file/SC_Map_Pack;37479

Huol

Huol

Quote from: x-Mandalore-x on Sep 03, 2007, 01:17:13 AM
Quote from: Huol on Sep 03, 2007, 12:58:25 AM
It's an awesome map.
Had fun playing it.  ;)

Funny you should say that, because there's already a "slaughter house" map that does have keyes mobile base on it.

it's called =SC=SlaughterHouse and it's in the Map Pack

http://aliensvspredator2.filefront.com/file/SC_Map_Pack;37479

Got that map. :D got UMP2.
Pity you cant go inside keyes's base.

jegu

jegu

In my map, you will be able to go inside the slaughterhouse and come out from there. I know that =sc= slaughterhouse map too. In the movie, the place didn't look like that. I'm trying to make it more accurate, like it was in the movie. I will also add Keys mobile, which will be also enterable. Coprorates will spawn from this truck. Marines will spawn from their base. Predator's will spawn inside their ship and aliens from hive.
Key's mobile will be openable only inside the truck, Marine Base is openable only from inside, Predators will start from a room, which is openable only from inside and aliens will have same kind of thing too, to bring spawn protection.
This map is basically designed for Hunt mode, but you can play it on other modes too.
This map should be done in 4-8 weeks, if any bigger problems won't be seen. I'll also post more screenshots of the map maybe in 2 weeks... hopefully.
Oh yeah... forgot to tell. This is my first map ever. Dedit is very strange and unstable. Total mystery to me still.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

and me i'm making a building where is a way to serwer where is the ship :D

Exiled

Exiled

AWESOME! you should make a single player campaign for it ;D

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Le Celticant on Sep 03, 2007, 02:34:40 PM
and me i'm making a building where is a way to serwer where is the ship :D

:D
I wonder, will the ship just be that one room we saw? With the trophies?

jegu

jegu

There will be more rooms than in the movie. I just gotta improvise what could be inside the rooms... 1 room is for predators to spawn though...
About singleplayer campaign... been thinking about making it, but it's too soon to make any kind of hopes for it. Afterall... this is my first map ever. I don't even know how to implant AI characters  ???

Huol

Huol

haha, i wouldnt put in any agressive ai... Unless its a few drones in the hive.
A few civilians would be good though. :D
Scientists in keyes base, a couple other scientists in the marine base etc.

jegu

jegu

if i would make singleplayer map, i would add like missions for example: follow harrigan and dont get spotted. Kill everyone in the building. Collect certain amount of trophies and etc. Of course all of this would be hard to do.

Exiled

Exiled

but worth while ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed