AVP2 Error: Couldn't det D3D Emulation mode.

Started by Plokoon111, Aug 11, 2007, 08:07:45 PM

Author
AVP2 Error: Couldn't det D3D Emulation mode. (Read 17,355 times)

Plokoon111

Okay so ive done nothing, I updated my drivers, updated direct x, now what do I do?

I use a ATI Radien, and everytime I load the game at start it doesnt even get to the logos. Its just shows the error in a new window. Any suggestions?

Plokoon111

SOMEBODy, can you help me!!!

darkbladepred

Are you running any kind of mods with the game? At one point AVP2 refused to start up for me cause I had a mod on the game it didn't agree with.

Plokoon111

Well im not sure, heres what the main avp2 folder looks like, anything out of the usual?

darkbladepred

Well... I can't spot any mods or extra files. That's the only time I had a  problem like that. Did you try reinstalling the game?

x-M-x

Load the game, and b4 you enter the main game click display, make sure it's on your ATI card, and make sure! you have up-to-date Drivers

D3D Emulation is a Driver isssue most of the time.

:P

Plokoon111

I did update them, and does resulution have anything to do with it working? Any websites where I could update it?

x-M-x

Well what GFX, you got (The name of it etc)

And what size in MB? 128/256/512/1024?

And it could also give you that error if your trying to load AvP2 on a "CUSTOM" resolution and your ATI-Card dont support it.

:P

Plokoon111

I got 256 mb, and its confusing I wish you guys were here at my computer to check it out, its gets annoying having to wait a day just for someone to post back.

x-M-x

Well, look up your graphics card on the Site, and download the oldest drivers see if that works if not... download the newest  ones.... it has to be a driver issue....  if it ain't then your card is probs overheating...?

:o

Plokoon111

Well I did notice while running directx, in the tabs of display it said direct draw (not activated, and I cant activate it. And another one is the same way.

x-M-x

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Aug 31, 2007, 04:59:22 PM
Well I did notice while running directx, in the tabs of display it said direct draw (not activated, and I cant activate it. And another one is the same way.

Hmmm, Well i dont know about that, but do they have beta drivers on the site?

what card is this again ?

ATI Radeon ? with what number?

???

Plokoon111

Its a Ati radeon Sapphire X1650XT

x-M-x

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Aug 31, 2007, 08:18:49 PM
Its a Ati radeon Sapphire X1650XT

Well, by all laws that card should work fine

Download

Display Driver Catalyst 7.8 Windows XP and MCE (incl. all drivers + CCC)

From there site.

if you have that... then download the  oldest version you can find, maybe the ones on the disc? because something ain't right here... by all means avp2 should work fine on this card....

x-M-x

Plokoon111

Im not too good at finding fdriver updates, can you find me a link?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed