Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,991 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Covering everyones' back.

SM

SM

Few seconds before that.  She's backing down the corridor firing away, gets to a junction and runs dry, whips out the hand gun.  The angles on the Aliens in those shots are the ones I mean.

Quotein Aliens they just moved so fast it wasnt supposed to be noticed.

And it wasn't till I'd watched it for the 763rd time on video.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah, I remember now. The Aliens just looked retarded in their movements. It's like they were scrambling to move but just couldn't build up any actual momentum.

SM

SM

Retarded is a bit harsh, but yeah, that's the one.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

CG to me suits the aliens better because of there frame. Humans are still humans even in suits, so a human can never fully act or pose like a alien without it looking like a guy in a rubber suit. Why do you think they always did close ups back in the days? never actually showing the full body? as an alien walks? it's just impossible to do without CG.

This is what an alien looks like for the most part. Maby some changes to the head and body. But the basic shape of a full body alien is this. A guy in a rubber suit could never do that. The Alien in AR in that breif scene walked like this one is standing. So it's consistant. Sure a guy in a suit could do the top half on closeups. And im fine with that. Nothing beats the creature actually being on screen with the actors, than some CG thing added later. I just hope in the prequel we get more shots of the creature actually walking or running.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Guts The Black Swordsman on Sep 03, 2010, 02:37:46 AM
CG to me suits the aliens better because of there frame. Humans are still humans even in suits, so a human can never fully act or pose like a alien without it looking like a guy in a rubber suit. Why do you think they always did close ups back in the days? never actually showing the full body? as an alien walks? it's just impossible to do without CG.

They did it just fine in A3 without any CGI whatsoever.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Nothing beats the creature actually being on screen with the actors, than some CG thing added later.

Amen

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 03, 2010, 02:41:14 AM

No they didn't.

Quotenever actually showing the full body? as an alien walks? it's just impossible to do without CG.

The original never had the 'dog legs'.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

This is what an alien looks like for the most part.

Don't know if troll.

SM

SM

Bit too elaborate.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Hmmrrrphfffpttpth!

I'm sorry... I just threw up in my mouth, a little bit.

I'll be fine.

SM

SM

The jaws weren't out of proportion with the head in the film like in that model.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Gotta agree with Guts though.

SiL

SiL

This is what an alien looks like for the most part. Maby some changes to the head and body. But the basic shape of a full body alien is this.
No it isn't.

The general shape of an Alien born from a human, is a human. It's meant to be like that. What you've got there is how they were shaped in one, maybe two movies.

Of six.

2 out of 6 =/= "mostly".

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Inaccurate model. The face/jaw portion of the head is out of proportion; those... muscle things that run where the ribs are, completely added; Arms and legs are bigger and more muscular (especially in the latter femour area); Tail bones are structured differently and are less vertebrae-like.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 03, 2010, 02:41:14 AM
If there wasn't the Green blob around the Runner I'd agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed