Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,872 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Guts The Black Swordsman on Sep 02, 2010, 07:13:26 PM
I like the AR Version of the Alien in terms of structure the most, in the older films (Alien, Aliens) it's just a guy in a rubber suit) and so it doesn't look scary, the AR to me especialy how it walks, looks awesome. It's my favourite scene that.

The CG was only nice because it to me because the Alien's movements were totally fluid and it wasn't jerky like the suits which is nice yeah, but I prefer the suits only because they're practical.

SM

SM

Why would the suits be jerky?

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

because they are not skin tight.

but that can be done too.

SM

SM

Which suits weren't skin tight?

Not that anyone would ever shoot a guy in a suit from the same angle...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2010, 11:06:02 PM
Why would the suits be jerky?

I meant the movements, sorry.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

well damn.

you need a Ballet dancer to play the alien correctly then.

SM

SM

Hang on when is an Alien performer "jerky"?  ???

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In Alien and Aliens, the movements weren't as fluid as they were in Resurrection or A3. In Aliens and Alien, limb movement was stiff and the entire body always moved as one, as opposed to separate functions being done at once.

SM

SM

When?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hive scene in Aliens, when the Warriors descended from the walls. Watch their tails move. Instead of curling in/out, it just moves like a stiff board. In the shaft when they're chasing after Vasquez and Gorman, they just kind of pop out of the walls like whack-a-moles as opposed to the Aliens we see in AvP which are crawling in and out of crevices.

In Alien, the scene where Lambert is supposedly raped. When it turns around to nail Parker, it's arms remain in the same "hugging" stance and it looks like it's on a swivel when it turns. And the last scene right before Ripley turns it to ashes, it just kind of floats there. No movement, nothing.

SM

SM

Thought all those examples gave them an Alien like quality.  As if they were somehow defying physics.  Makes them less anthropomorphic.  Not sure what you mean by the ducts in Aliens - though there is the odd scene where they're scrambling towards the camera and their arm movements don't match the rate their moving.  Wouldn't say they were "jerky" though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 03, 2010, 02:14:54 AM
Thought all those examples gave them an Alien like quality.  As if they were somehow defying physics.  Makes them less anthropomorphic.  Not sure what you mean by the ducts in Aliens - though there is the odd scene where they're scrambling towards the camera and their arm movements don't match the rate their moving.  Wouldn't say they were "jerky" though.

When Gorman and Vasquez were pinned down. In AvP, when the Aliens were coming down a hallway or a crevice or whatever, they moved...I dunno, realistically. It looked natural. I think what you mentioned about the arms not matching the rate of moving sums it up well.

Not sure how stiff looking movements defy physics though. To me it just looked odd.

SM

SM

Sometimes when the tails uncoiled in Aliens it looked as if they had a life of their own.

As for the ducts, no that's not what I meant.  Before Gorman and Vasquez blow up, they're connecting properly as they crawl towards them.  I'm talking earlier when Vasquez is doing the rear guard thing and their scrambling towards her.  And again when the one comes from above.  It looks like it's falling rather than crawling towards her.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

in Alien it hovered slowly like it was on wheels, or very wet.

in Aliens they just moved so fast it wasnt supposed to be noticed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Rear guard thing...refresh my memory. Is that just before she nails one in the head before it falls?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed