Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,922 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 04, 2010, 11:32:39 AM
The Tubes on the Neck are almost the same. Tweaked I'd say, not completely redesigned. The Torso has got those shoulderpad things, which in reality are a tweak of the already existing ones in the Aliens design. Otherwise the true differences are really few.

the neck has a differen shape and consists of bone like pattern, very Giger-esque. AVP Queen has no such designs on her neck and instead has some muscles and tubes. Her neck has a different shape too. The torso is also different. The original Queen had a bony structure around her torso that looked like a vest. That structure is completely gone in AVP queen and her new torso now has ribs

Master

Master

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 04, 2010, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 04, 2010, 10:32:54 AM

Legs are no less thinner, yes, the heels were gone, the torso didn't change much if for some tweaked tubes.

The torso and neck are completely redesigned - http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm
Interesting read, but I sitll like both of them.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 04, 2010, 11:39:56 AM
the neck has a differen shape and consists of bone like pattern, very Giger-esque. AVP Queen has no such designs on her neck and instead has some muscles and tubes.
The AvP Queen has no kind of visible muscles, if we exclude the facial ones. The design is tweaked, but is still that.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 04, 2010, 11:39:56 AM
The original Queen had a bony structure around her torso that looked like a vest. That structure is completely gone in AVP queen and her new torso now has ribs
AvP Queen has the ribs, but there was a hint in the original design (those horizontal lines).

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 11:40:16 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 04, 2010, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 04, 2010, 10:32:54 AM

Legs are no less thinner, yes, the heels were gone, the torso didn't change much if for some tweaked tubes.

The torso and neck are completely redesigned - http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm
Interesting read, but I sitll like both of them.

Well, the AVP Queen still looks fine but theres one thing I cannot stomach and its her new neck. Its smaller and it doesnt fit with such big head imo, and I dont like the riddance of the previous design on it either. The original design on the neck was very Giger-like and reminded me of his designs that he did on the chair

Valaquen

Valaquen

Compare the legs of the AVP and Aliens Queens. Completely different.

Puks

Puks

Stop defending the ridiculously butchered AvP Queen design, Zilla. You're giving Anderson too much undeserved appraisal.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Puks on Jun 04, 2010, 12:04:57 PM
Stop defending the ridiculously butchered AvP Queen design, Zilla.
Butchered? :D Never seen a better tweak on the Alien designs in the new films. Since Alien3 we got what we got, thank that the Queen didn't get the same treatment. ;)

Quote from: Puks on Jun 04, 2010, 12:04:57 PM
You're giving Anderson too much undeserved appraisal.
Anderson is too underrated to have "undeserved appraisal", plus he has little to nothing to do with the actual design of the Queen. He wanted her to be bigger, end of.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I agrre. I liked the AvP queen. Dont see much of a difference either, other than she runs/charges better.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 04, 2010, 01:15:10 PM
I agrre. I liked the AvP queen. Dont see much of a difference either, other than she runs/charges better.
Exactly even though I hate the movie. I can only tell the difference in side by side shots but the avp is more plasticy but not enough to say it is awful.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The comparison (http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm) was written by a (former?) member of this board a long time ago (whose username I dont remember). While I think the current comparison illustrates the differences fine, I have much better comparison shots gathered that can illustrate them much clearer. Maybe we'll replace the shots soon for better comparison

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

That piece was incredibly biased and therefore worthless.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Yes it was :D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 04, 2010, 03:25:12 PM
That piece was incredibly biased and therefore worthless.

Biased? I edited it as much as I could to eliminate bias. But if you replace slim legs with sexual designs with big monster legs and eliminate Giger-ish designs, simplify hands and redo the body so it looks less feminine and suggestive, I think its safe to say that its a step down , not a step up. Also, eliminating the unnatural design and comforting the design to Earth animals (like with movement or arm placement or posture), isnt it taking away rather than giving? I think the article compares and then asks more than states

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's still feminine. It's still loyal to the original design, more than the actual AvP drones are to the Giger creature, with all the biomech, which is no less than the original, the crown and the signature head. Legs, apart from the feet and the pointy protusions on the second joint, are the same. The Arms are positioned like the original. Legs were positioned like that because it's convenient for a creature of that size.  I don't care if some extremely little detail is changed. It's still a Queen and a kickass one at that.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed