Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,932 times)

Primordial

Primordial

Some good art around here, the first one of 420Buddy especially, I would almost want to caress that head dome, regardless of what would happen to me next  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

An oldy but always a goody -

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Awesome Alien poster by Christopher Shy, courtesy of Stan Winston School of Character Arts on Facebook.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's a wonderful piece. There's some really awesome fan posters for the films.

426Buddy

426Buddy

That poster is all kinds of amazing, I want one on my wall so badly.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Best part of original poster.
No Alien.

426Buddy

426Buddy

You can't deny the original films poster is genius.

But 37 years later, these new posters are some great looking nostalgia pieces.

Vermillion

Vermillion

The mystery of the original.
Genius.  [emoji2]

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: 420Buddy on May 24, 2016, 04:17:16 PM
You can't deny the original films poster is genius.

But 37 years later, these new posters are some great looking nostalgia pieces.

I was never too big a fan of the original poster.  It was misleading and it was basically a picture of a normal chicken egg.  I still feel the same way, but the overall colors and vibe of Alien have grown more on me.  When I look at the Alien Quadrilogy packaging, or some of the recent materials that came out, I find it entirely palatable.  Still prefer the overall look of Aliens though.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Behind-the-scenes from ALIEN.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

It's so uncanny how so many years ago, that thing is still horrific.  It sends chills down the spine to look at.  Giger really tapped into something primal and oh so dark.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

It's been speculated this could be a behind-the-scenes moment from the abandoned air-lock scene?The remote control is interesting too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 25, 2016, 02:24:29 AMIt's so uncanny how so many years ago, that thing is still horrific.

I've always thoguht the suit actually looks kinda goofy when you just see it standing there like that.

Far, far better in the film when you only get glimpses.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 25, 2016, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 25, 2016, 02:24:29 AMIt's so uncanny how so many years ago, that thing is still horrific.

I've always thoguht the suit actually looks kinda goofy when you just see it standing there like that.

Far, far better in the film when you only get glimpses.
Quick glimpses when its a person in a suit and extreme close-ups for various bits and pieces of the creature's anatomy (especially the jaws) works best.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Elmazalman on May 25, 2016, 03:18:10 AM
It's been speculated this could be a behind-the-scenes moment from the abandoned air-lock scene?The remote control is interesting too.

That was my thought too. It would certainly look like the airlock but I can't recall at the minute how much was filmed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed