Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,646 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Apr 26, 2016, 03:11:16 PM

Dayum. Those two are sweet. Not so keen on the third though. The perspective seems totally off. A shame because the actual artwork is nice.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Those 2 are my favorite as well, soooo sweet. My wall wants one so badly.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

This is just stunning

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Oh Wow!  Who is that artist??  He just gets it.  The tone, the color balance of ALIENS, everything.  I hope the artist does some Aliens comics.  He is up there with Den Beauvais.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

That first Christopher Shy piece is mind-blowing.  I would love to see that variant of the Alien design be used in the EU.

Here's a piece by Dominick Qwek called Matriarch:

Here's some Alien Day art by Spaghetti Bastard.  He's got some awesome titles for each one which I'll put below each picture:

BIOMECHANOID: The defiler. Son of the god killers.

ROYAL KNIGHT: Loyal warriors of the matriarch

THE DRAGON: Eater of minds and bane of space monks

THE DEFORMED CHILD: The horror. Womb ripper. Birthed in Regicide

HOLY ONE: Heir of a new age

426Buddy

426Buddy

I like what he did with all those designs, the spaghetti bastard, I like his art.

The matriarch pic is freaky.

proto leech

proto leech

Quotedragon

eater of minds

Nice. 8)
Someone likes alien 3

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

A lot of people like Alien 3.  They even love it.  Heck I love Alien 3, and I still want to retcon it.  It's a great story, but I believe a better, different one could be told.  We'll see.  The great thing is, I still get to keep my copy of Alien 3.  Nobody is coming to take that from me.  Everybody wins.  Believe me, if nobody likes Blomkamp's Alien 5, then we'll go back to the Alien 3 canon pretty fast.  But I bet the film will be great and the polemic will be academic..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 26, 2016, 11:03:48 PM
This is just stunning

Holy sheet! That is gorgeous!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 07:53:23 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Apr 27, 2016, 02:45:23 AM

That first one's grotesque (I mean that in a good way). The others are awesome. Would make nice prints.

Not digging on the moobs but otherwise, damn! That is really creepy. I know people like the mystery of the Aliens having no eyes but I still think those empty eye sockets are just so damn effective.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 08:53:30 AMNot digging on the moobs but otherwise, damn! That is really creepy. I know people like the mystery of the Aliens having no eyes but I still think those empty eye sockets are just so damn effective.

I'm not even sure I like the design, I just really appreciate how disturbing it is.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:laugh: Fair enough and completely understood.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 07:53:23 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 26, 2016, 11:03:48 PM

Noice. Might have to pick up a copy of that if I can. Can add it to my burgeoning magazine collection.

Ill definitely puck it up, if not for the new interview with Jim then definitely for this gorgeous cover. Really nice job

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is that on news stands over your way of the world?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

No not yet, its coming out in June

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed