Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,878 times)

MoonerSK

426Buddy

426Buddy

After watching aliens again this weekend I really noticed the design changes that have been made to the queen since that movie. She was skinny and creepy with spidery limbs, almost frail and unbalanced but still projecting massive strength. Now she seems so thick and bulky, I really dislike the way she runs like a dinosaur in AvP and ACM.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Early concept art by Giger for the face-hugger.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

And the drawing Alan Dean Foster used when writing the novel ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yup, yup. I had a flashback to it on the way to work which caused me to post the picture.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2016, 07:31:47 AM

Early concept art by Giger for the face-hugger.
I don't know why but I always found this one concept to be creepier than the one used in the film

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Probably because it looks like a human hand.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

All Facehuggers look like fused hands.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 21, 2016, 05:01:14 PM
I thought the same, only they have

NSFW
Spoiler
A big ball sack attached :D :D :D :D
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Believe it or not, these are the official movie posters for Alien in 1979 and Aliens in 1986 from Poland.  Back then, the idea of a unified marketing scheme was not permitted in Poland, because the country was under communist rule as imposed by the Soviets.  An interesting by-product of that era, is that the Western films which were shown in Polish theatres all had new posters designed by Polish artists.  It gave an opportunity for local talent to be used and the posters were a very loose interpretation of the themes of the films.  I once attended an art show in Toronto which showed off these classic movie posters from dozens of Western films.  They were really fantastic and completely off the wall.  The posters below were really the tip of the iceberg.  Anyway, these were official.  They were part of a deal which allowed Western studios to release their films in a Communist country.  Glad that's over.  Enjoy!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Those alternate posters were just fantastic in their loose relation to the films. Just wonderful!

Happy birthday to Daniel Kash! Picture from the Aliens Encounter, 25 years event. Picture by Richard Daborn.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 21, 2016, 05:01:14 PM

That one more so, IMO.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Am really digging this one!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed