Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,992 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2016, 08:35:09 AM

Paul Johnson's gorgeous cover art for #202 of the Aliens Magazine. Thanks to XenoZipper for sharing his scan.

Johnson was amazing.  Shame he didn't do more Aliens comics work.  Here is a trading card inspired by Aliens: Sacrifice.  There's even the eyes and everything.  This is pretty interesting as this was made at a time when almost all public interest was on the second movie and the horror vibe of the first film was being almost completely discarded:

Here's some more artwork from Spaghetti; don't know if I posted up these pics before.  I just recently commissioned some work from him:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 25, 2016, 07:35:40 AMHere is a trading card inspired by Aliens: Sacrifice.  There's even the eyes and everything.  This is pretty interesting as this was made at a time when almost all public interest was on the second movie and the horror vibe of the first film was being almost completely discarded:

http://img.beckett.com/images/items/9677063/marketplace/84021712/front.jpg

That's actually originally another of his Aliens magazines covers. It's a piece of artwork for the Aliens: Sacrifice comic. I'm sure Hicks has a copy of the full magazine cover he can post up :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

That sacrifice art is amazing, I love it!

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2016, 11:21:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeTzg8pW4AAT-3e.jpg

Pretty! There aren't any pictures that've surfaced of the domed Winston Alien, right?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 25, 2016, 07:35:40 AM
Here's some more artwork from Spaghetti; don't know if I posted up these pics before.  I just recently commissioned some work from him:

Is that a PredAlien without the dreadlocks? I love it!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 25, 2016, 09:10:50 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 25, 2016, 07:35:40 AMHere is a trading card inspired by Aliens: Sacrifice.  There's even the eyes and everything.  This is pretty interesting as this was made at a time when almost all public interest was on the second movie and the horror vibe of the first film was being almost completely discarded:

http://img.beckett.com/images/items/9677063/marketplace/84021712/front.jpg

That's actually originally another of his Aliens magazines covers. It's a piece of artwork for the Aliens: Sacrifice comic. I'm sure Hicks has a copy of the full magazine cover he can post up :)

Here we go. Took me a moment to find it as was orientated differently  :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

I need to get Sacrifice, probably get that at alchemy #3 at the same time.

I like that pred alien design too, more of what I would expect. Very nice art.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Aliens vs. Baby is a horrific premise.  I don't see the appeal here.  I would have figured that the Alien would have just ignored the baby just as he ignored Jones the cat.

Primordial

Primordial

There is some something special to them, surely, nice.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 27, 2016, 03:23:39 AM
Aliens vs. Baby is a horrific premise.  I don't see the appeal here.  I would have figured that the Alien would have just ignored the baby just as he ignored Jones the cat.
... unclouded by delusions of morality ( :'( )... and Jonesy was in a box :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm more or less talking about the art it itself, I'm just a sucker or alien art. But yes the premise is  horrific with the baby. I have heard good things about the comic though.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 27, 2016, 12:56:31 PM

I'm more or less talking about the art it itself, I'm just a sucker or alien art. But yes the premise is  horrific with the baby. I have heard good things about the comic though.

Terrific. Great artwork, great story and great vibe

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2016, 08:58:20 AM

Is that a PredAlien without the dreadlocks? I love it!

Yes it is.  If you look through his gallery, you'll not only see some cool designs.  But whole comics that pretty much blow alot of what we've seen in the most recent movies out of the water.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Today would have been the 82nd birthday of Brian Glover.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Really liked him as Andrews. Shame he was never in more big budget movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed