Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,964 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. I'm a fan of that kind of imagery. I keep meaning to pick up one of those xray t-shirts.

#ThrowbackThursday

LastSurvivor92

426Buddy

426Buddy

Watched AvP last night, still below average but there is some nice imagery in there. I do feel that if they had gone with the R rating it would have improved the film and would give the deaths more impact. Also had they not chosen ADI for the effects I think things would have been better as well. Otherwise the film does feel like an AvP comic brought to screen.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's the flat characters that really kill it for me. Even in Resurrection, you at least had a handful of genuinely memorable characters. They're all just faceless in AVP (except Lance, of course, but that's only because it's him, not because of his characters).

426Buddy

426Buddy

I actually dont mind Lex, but yeah the rest of the characters are hard to even remember a day later. The archaeologist guy is the worst though IMO I cringe at his entire performance.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2016, 02:05:45 PM
It's the flat characters that really kill it for me. Even in Resurrection, you at least had a handful of genuinely memorable characters. They're all just faceless in AVP (except Lance, of course, but that's only because it's him, not because of his characters).
True,but they tried but i didnt work like the guy that is always talking about his kids(lex friend)and that shouty angry guy he was way under used.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

What was really missing in AVP was that sense of wonder.  I am talking about that moment when David saw the orary.  It gave the impression that there was something more to be learned here.  That was the hook.  With AVP, you never had that moment.  We knew everything about what we were getting into from beginning to end.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Happy 65th birthday to Charles S Dutton!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Happy Birthday Mr. Dutton! I always consider his character as one of the toughest in the series. He played the role brilliantly.

Interesting fact regarding his character: In the novel, he had a single, long dreadlock.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2016, 10:18:53 AM

Happy 65th birthday to Charles S Dutton!
One of the best support characters in movie history.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jan 30, 2016, 11:00:03 AM
Interesting fact regarding his character: In the novel, he had a single, long dreadlock.

Well it did help with the lice after all.  ;)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Colera is virtually cured, yet there's lice. 
Lol

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 31, 2016, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jan 30, 2016, 11:00:03 AM

Well it did help with the lice after all.  ;)
From Alan Dean Foster's novelization:

"The single dreadlock that hung from his otherwise naked pate swung slowly as he walked. It took a lot of time and effort to keep the hirsute decoration free of Fiorina's persistent bugs, but he tolerated the limited discomfort in order to maintain the small statement of individuality."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ooops. Got that the wrong way around! :-[  It was in defiance of the lice and the planet.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed