Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,760 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

The leg structure's definitely bovine. It has the extra joint for the hoof, despite the existence of toes.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That's what all digitigrade legs look like.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 19, 2012, 02:17:15 PM
That's what all digitigrade legs look like.

Not really. Dog - after the final prominent leg joint it's just the tippy toes. Cow - last joint is still the toes, but the joint is pronounced and ankle-like, the toe structure greatly extended, and the foot is strengthened to the degree that it's more like a leg bone.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Anyone know the artist for those animal-xeno variations?

Going through my old books I found and scanned this Alien3 gem:

The back cover to 'Dissecting Aliens', Boxtree.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: 180924609 on Sep 21, 2012, 07:54:12 PM

:o :o :o Never seen that before. Was it an early ADI concept? I like the final concept more, as this is simply an interesting--if slightly awkward--modification of the original film's design, but still, very cool.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Funny thing, we've had a month worth of research on that thing. It isn't Giger.
You are probably right. The shoulder area is extremely similar to the final creature.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: 180924609 on Sep 21, 2012, 07:54:12 PM

Looks so damn good.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

The proportions are what makes it so cool looking. They're not insanely skinny as the final puppet yet they deffinitely aren't human. It deffinitely looks more alive and solid.

look at the tighs and feet, they appear way more powerful and believable for a speedy creature. The torso is uniformly slim, with the waist continuing seamlessly in the flat and form fitting rib cage up to the shoulders like the Winston aliens did, and it has a smaller back, almost in proportion with the hips, giving it the femenine look, while keeping the thick shoulders like the Giger Alien.

The Runner

The Runner

Gah and the neck is beautiful like the originals, not the giant flesh wart on the neck...damn it ADI....

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Gearbox!!! USE THIS AS CANON!!!

Snowdog

Snowdog

I like it but i wouldn't trade adi's runner for it. Love that design ;D

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Sep 21, 2012, 08:35:49 PM
The proportions are what makes it so cool looking. They're not insanely skinny as the final puppet yet they deffinitely aren't human. It deffinitely looks more alive and solid.

look at the tighs and feet, they appear way more powerful and believable for a speedy creature. The torso is uniformly slim, with the waist continuing seamlessly in the flat and form fitting rib cage up to the shoulders like the Winston aliens did, and it has a smaller back, almost in proportion with the hips, giving it the femenine look, while keeping the thick shoulders like the Giger Alien.

Yes.

Its what geegs intended when he was designing for A3. A more streamlined biomechanoid. Feminine and feral. Though I'm glad it was toned down from the original big lips and killing kiss stuff
Spoiler
I liked the finger/knuckle blades though. Like retractable cat claws
[close]
Aliens need to be less monstrously beastly screeching things and more weird silent rapists. I remember the firs time I saw the quick scene in A3 when you think Spike is dry humping that corpse. f**king freaked me out.

Need more of that.

Shasvre

bobby brown

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed