Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,785 times)

The Runner

The Runner

Seeing as Dreads aren't part of the skeletal structure then no they wouldn't.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: The Runner on Sep 16, 2012, 02:37:53 PM

True.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

My idea for an Aliens vs. Predator reboot would be to have the standard Aliens based on the Giger design with the transparent dome, but the Predalien would be the Winston model with the skull ridges to make it stand out from the rest, aside from other things (size, color, mandibles). The thing is to keep it simple.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My ideal Predalien would look like the other Aliens featured in the film (be they reminiscent of Giger's design, Winston's, or any others'), and would be roughly the same height, color, and everything else. The only thing that would differentiate it is the addition of mandibles and maybe dreads, but only if they are implemented in a creative way, like OmegaZilla's tubing idea.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 16, 2012, 05:44:38 PM
My ideal Predalien would look like the other Aliens featured in the film (be they reminiscent of Giger's design, Winston's, or any others'), and would be roughly the same height, color, and everything else. The only thing that would differentiate it is the addition of mandibles and maybe dreads, but only if they are implemented in a creative way, like OmegaZilla's tubing idea.

Why wouldn't it be a bit taller if the host is a bit taller then a human? I'm not saying make it 12 feet tall, just a few inches taller. I think color should roughly remain the same though.

Here is my concept of a Predaliens face that I drew.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Runner on Sep 16, 2012, 05:54:04 PM
Why wouldn't it be a bit taller if the host is a bit taller then a human? I'm not saying make it 12 feet tall, just a few inches taller.

Well, I said roughly, so I wouldn't mind a couple inches. But really, I don't see the need. Its not a given that Aliens have to be taller than their hosts, they could just happen to be taller than humans.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 16, 2012, 05:56:11 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Sep 16, 2012, 05:54:04 PM
Why wouldn't it be a bit taller if the host is a bit taller then a human? I'm not saying make it 12 feet tall, just a few inches taller.

Well, I said roughly, so I wouldn't mind a couple inches. But really, I don't see the need. Its not a given that Aliens have to be taller than their hosts, they could just happen to be taller than humans.

I'd find it mind numbingly tarded that an alien would be the same size regardless of host. If a facehugger got loose on Isla Sorna and the facehugger got a Spinosaurus, would the resulting xenomorph be 8 feet tall? Hell No. That honestly doesn't make sense, it's supposed to OVERPOWER it's host species. :/

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Size =/= Power ;)

"Judge me by my size, do you?"

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 16, 2012, 06:15:30 PM
Size =/= Power ;)

"Judge me by my size, do you?"

Or better yet, what if a facehugger got loose on a planet dominated by HUGE dinosaur like creatures, and the resulting alien was only 8 feet tall? What if it came across a 40 foot tall carnivore, that wouldn't end well for the xeno.

Apex

Apex

Quote from: The Runner on Sep 16, 2012, 02:37:53 PM

But does the skeletal structure matter?

One of the most dramatic changes in the Alien physiology came in Alien3, when the Runner had no dorsal tubes. Did this have anything to do with the hosts skeletal structure? No. It was the designer's decision. The size of a PredAlien, in my op, should be a foot taller than human bred Xenos. And I really hate the transparent dome....

The Runner

The Runner

Why you hate the transparent dome?

What concept of an Antelope ALien you like better the top or bottom?

Apex

Apex

Top over all.

I just never liked it. I found it less intimidating.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Huh...I found the dome do be very creepy. This shot of the domed head just prior to the Alien killing Brett in particular sends shivers down my spine every single time...

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Apex on Sep 16, 2012, 09:49:13 PM
Top over all.

I just never liked it. I found it less intimidating.

Why the top one?

Apex

Apex

It might not even be the tops design, but just the more "professional" finish. Idk, the horns are longer, nice. I don't like the skin, it should be black.   Is it bipedal, or quadrupedal? The dome is wrong. And the neck tube should go. But the top is over all quite good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed