Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,657 times)

Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 27, 2011, 04:27:40 AM
I just noticed that one has eyes, too.

Nah, it doesn't have eyes, the chestburster in Alien had the same ocular bulges.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

A nice one from wmmvrrvrrmm's blog.

Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike

Is that the Alien 3 rod puppet? It looks really diffrent then the one in the movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes it is.
Suit and puppet differed a lot in design, after all.

Great picture Walk. ;)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2011, 04:37:00 PM
They were made by two different companies, after all  ;) Boss reshaphed/rescuplted ADI's puppet because it didn't look right on camera. Too stocky, they said. Puppet rules.

Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2011, 04:37:00 PM
Yes it is.

Great picture Walk. ;)

I never really saw the feet of the rod puppet, but I never remembered it having, well, almost talons, if you look closely.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 27, 2011, 04:38:57 PM
They were made by two different companies, after all  ;) Boss reshaphed/rescuplted ADI's puppet because it didn't look right on camera. Too stocky, they said.
All I remember is that they... took out one leg joint. What other changes did they apply?

Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2011, 04:42:23 PM
They were made by two different companies, after all  ;) Boss reshaphed/rescuplted ADI's puppet because it didn't look right on camera. Too stocky, they said.
All I remember is that they... took out one leg joint. What other changes did they apply?

Why would they remove a leg joint. I know it probably would have been difficult, but having 3 joints would make it, well, what it is supposed to be. Alien.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2011, 04:42:23 PM
Added ribs, lengthened the body, yeah, changed the ribs, and some other minor cosmetic touches. Prison_Mike, the removed the joint because they couldn't get the puppet to run properly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 27, 2011, 04:50:51 PM
Added ribs, lengthened the body, yeah, changed the ribs, and some other minor cosmetic touches.
I see. The airbrushing seemed to come from Amalgamated Dynamics as it was very similar to what was featured on the suit.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 27, 2011, 04:56:35 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 27, 2011, 04:50:51 PM
Added ribs, lengthened the body, yeah, changed the ribs, and some other minor cosmetic touches.
I see. The airbrushing seemed to come from Amalgamated Dynamics as it was very similar to what was featured on the suit.
Yeah, they would've had to stick to the paint scheme. It's a pretty thing.

Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike

On the topic of the rod puppet, here are a couple more.

And the original Alien (Suit?) Just for the hell of it.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Prison_Mike on Apr 27, 2011, 05:00:27 PM

http://www.alienscollection.com/giger1.jpg

Not the suit here. This is the original sculpt-bust Giger did in Zürich before he went to Pinewood. I´m not sure, but I once read somewhere, that it is still in his studio. Would make it the holy Grail to me  ;)

About the rod puppet, Valaquen already pointed out all major differences. It is funny, that the puppet ADI did, would never have functioned, especially it never could have walked on four legs. Boss had to add several spine segments at the abdomen part, that while running the knees would not crash into the shoulders and forearms.

After all, the whole design of the runner is quite tricky, cos combining a quadro- and bipedal functionality (amd not looking like an Orangutan) is almost impossible.

Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike

Quote from: locusta on Apr 27, 2011, 06:34:21 PM
Quote from: Prison_Mike on Apr 27, 2011, 05:00:27 PM

http://www.alienscollection.com/giger1.jpg

Not the suit here. This is the original sculpt-bust Giger did in Zürich before he went to Pinewood. I´m not sure, but I once read somewhere, that it is still in his studio. Would make it the holy Grail to me  ;)

About the rod puppet, Valaquen already pointed out all major differences. It is funny, that the puppet ADI did, would never have functioned, especially it never could have walked on four legs. Boss had to add several spine segments at the abdomen part, that while running the knees would not crash into the shoulders and forearms.

After all, the whole design of the runner is quite tricky, cos combining a quadro- and bipedal functionality (amd not looking like an Orangutan) is almost impossible.

True about the rod puppet problems, I haven't seen Alien 3 in a while, I thought they kept the rod puppet for the quadrapedal momments and the suit for the bipedal?

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 27, 2011, 04:27:40 AM
I just noticed that one has eyes, too.

And the inner jaw teeth.... :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed