Who you worship the Internecivus Raptus (Xenomorph) if it existed.

Started by Thatguy2068, Nov 05, 2023, 12:35:29 AM

Author
Who you worship the Internecivus Raptus (Xenomorph) if it existed. (Read 2,461 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

As the title said would you worship the xenomorph/ Internecivus Raptus as your lord and savior if they existed.

SiL

... why would anyone?

Nightmare Asylum

My character when I played through the Colonial Marines Operation Manual RPG chapters took a turn towards worshipping the Aliens (and associated entities).

It also ended up getting him killed in the end.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 05, 2023, 12:51:16 AMMy character when I played through the Colonial Marines Operation Manual RPG chapters took a turn towards worshipping the Aliens (and associated entities).

It also ended up getting him killed in the end.
Maybe He did something wrong to upset the our lord and savior.

SM

If they existed it would be akin to worshipping any other animal as your Lord and saviour. In what way could they answer one's prayers?

Local Trouble

It's one of the concepts from the original comics I could have done without.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2023, 03:20:49 AMIf they existed it would be akin to worshipping any other animal as your Lord and saviour. In what way could they answer one's prayers?
Maybe the Queen can communicate with us through our dreams. They are said to do that in the comics but I don't know if that has been recon not

SiL

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2023, 03:20:49 AMIf they existed it would be akin to worshipping any other animal as your Lord and saviour. In what way could they answer one's prayers?
If they were telepathic I could see why people might.

But they're not outside of the comics.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah. It'd be a cool as shit totem animal for atavistic practises though.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2023, 04:23:33 AMIf they were telepathic I could see why people might.

And kinda sorta possibly but maybe not in the Covenant prequel novel.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh my God I forgot that novel existed.

[cancerblack]

I only really remember it because of the synthetic horses being genuinely creepy to me, and the audiobook narrator doing terrible female voices.

Wweyland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 05, 2023, 06:54:18 PMOh my God I forgot that novel existed.
So did the characters in the Alien: Covenant novelization.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 06, 2023, 07:55:36 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 05, 2023, 06:54:18 PMOh my God I forgot that novel existed.
So did the characters in the Alien: Covenant novelization.

The characters in the Alien: Covenant novel also forgot the Alien: Covenant movie existed.

Still Collating...

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2023, 04:23:33 AM
If they were telepathic I could see why people might.

Like people said, they kinda are in multiple novels. Sea of Sorrows... And in the games as well, and in the RPG... And hinting at it in A:R.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 05, 2023, 03:47:24 AMIt's one of the concepts from the original comics I could have done without.

Cults IRL are all over the place, worship the stupidest of shit and can last for so long undetected. So cults worshiping something like the Alien is so inevitable to me that it makes perfect sense. And when you add that low key telepathy/nightmare induction from them, it fits well for me.

And to answer the OP. Not IRL of course, but if we're roleplaying? Don't know if I'd worship them, though might go there eventually, but I'd be the scientist doing years of research to understand them. Reading wikis about their biology and variants and the Anchorpoint Essays is what got me into the expanded universe after the films since I always was a huge lover of the sciences like Astronomy and Biology.

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty easy to see something like this happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed