A hardcover Predator lore book would be pretty cool

Started by Mr.Turok, Oct 23, 2023, 01:51:57 AM

Author
A hardcover Predator lore book would be pretty cool (Read 2,077 times)

SiL

Yes but the book was wrong so I don't care.

Wweyland

I agree that AvP seems to be more canon for Predator than for Alien.
And it's not just a few easter-eggs, like with the slight connections Alien has to Blade Runner.
The Predator even almost went with the batshit crazy Ripley & Newt ending.

SM

The Predator actually included direct references to AvP. Prometheus went out of its way to go 'Guy Pearce not Lance Henriksen'.

BlueMarsalis79

AVP, Requiem, The Predator.

Makes sense, they are all about the same quality level.

Wweyland

Quote from: SM on Oct 25, 2023, 09:05:44 PMThe Predator actually included direct references to AvP. Prometheus went out of its way to go 'Guy Pearce not Lance Henriksen'.
They kind of had to since they were following the same plot.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 25, 2023, 09:16:54 PMAVP, Requiem, The Predator.

Makes sense, they are all about the same quality level.
Oh lets be a bit charitable to AVP. It's not perfect but it wasn't outright outrageously dumb like The Predator and at least we can see what happens unlike Requiem.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Again, going back to "Is AVP canon to Predator", the Predator films has too many hints of Aliens existing in the Predator series that goes beyond simple easter eggs. If there was a Predator Handbook, it should clarify this and end the argument.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2023, 05:38:27 AMThe WY Report doesn't clarify anything. The licensing department has no say over what the films do - a film is free to come along and ignore everything that came before, and they have done repeatedly.

Ok cool, as if other lore books from other media haven't had lore that was rewritten before? Therefore my proposal still stands either way. It can be made canon until they decide its not no more so there is nothing bad about adding AVP being canon to the Predator series into the hypothetical Predator Handbook.

SiL

My point is that the WY Report wasn't meant to clarify anything in terms of canon. It was a coffee table book for people kind of interested in the franchise, not a lore tome.

BlueMarsalis79

I think the three I mentioned belong together, far away from the otherwise good Predator films, I personally would really not want a coffee table book with them in it.

They are embarrassments to their brand, whether it is slow motion teamups with humans, everything about AVP "the clock" Requiem, or autism hunting climate change seeking Predators.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 15, 2023, 09:54:50 PMI think the three I mentioned belong together, far away from the otherwise good Predator films, I personally would really not want a coffee table book with them in it.

They are embarrassments to their brand, whether it is slow motion teamups with humans, everything about AVP "the clock" Requiem, or autism hunting climate change seeking Predators.

I get that. I guess how the writers of the recent Predator Hunting Grounds lore dealt with inclusion of The Predator in a way that connects it to the series was pretty good and made me wonder if the same can be done in the handbook. Hell it was because how they included OWLF back into the Predator lore that made me want for a handbook in the first place. If they can somehow recognize the events of The Predator and do damage control of it's impact, then I can see something similar done to the AVP films inclusion.

Either way, having a handbook that would expand more on Predator tech, physiology, culture, and encounters from OWLF records would be just a kickass thing to have. Idk how or who has to present this idea to Fox but they must!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed