Could a pathogen infected human being impregnated by the facehuggers

Started by Thatguy2068, Sep 20, 2023, 08:53:44 AM

Author
Could a pathogen infected human being impregnated by the facehuggers (Read 2,752 times)

SM

SM

Thousands were literally drowned in the stuff and didn't birth hybrids too.  Nor did their heads explode, or turn them homicidal. Conversely Shaw did birth something via second hand exposure.  Which just goes back to David's comments on the pathogen taking on "many forms".

Or being a smidge hand wavy with the writing.

BlueMarsalis79

They were exploding all over. lol

SM

Kimarhi

Random SM sighting. 

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

I see the same cause and effect here.

And the same thing going on with Holloway, Fifield and the decapitated Engineer head, just at a more gradual pace. 

Like we see in Alien Covenant, with David being able to manipulate the mutation through contact with the reproductive system, we saw the same thing in Prometheus that lead to the Trilobite and Deacon.

Spoiler
Probably something to do with the initial deployment on LV-223 being the same as Planet 4, with particles atomising to the air, whereas the Prometheus crew got it just spilling.
[close]

There appeared to be two schools of thought on the Prometheus production about the way the stuff works, you can see this just comparing both versions of the Pathogen mutant, to which Alien Covenant answered it is fiendishly inventive but you always get one of two outcomes.

SM

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 28, 2023, 10:06:10 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2023, 12:57:25 AM'kay
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uXifHuwK3r0/WyZhrO9S6vI/AAAAAAAAqE0/4owFyCYranIO3oAU7wHvnTddY1c9h0ggwCKgBGAs/s1600/Scene%2Bin%2BAlien%2BCovenant%2Bwhere%2BDavid%2Bleads%2Bthe%2Bcrew%2Bof%2Bthe%2BCovenant%2Bacross%2Bthe%2Bplaza%2Bfull%2Bof%2BEngineer%2Bcorpses%2B4.png

My recollection is that they did explode a lot, but that more of the black swarmy form of the shit was what erupted out of them rather than critters. It's been a while since I watched it on a decent screen though.

There's stuff erupting out of them certainly as we can see when David dumps the pathogen, perhaps similar to the ones Fifield and Millburn find, and likely the "hybrids" David mentions.  But they're not exploding like the Engineer head.  The bodies on Planet 4 were largely intact; not obliterated like the Engineer head, which we're told would ultimately happen to the Fifield monster.

Hence why I think it's not quite the same substance and 'takes on many forms'.

BlueMarsalis79

Looks like just the Pathogen itself to me, not individual ambulatory creatures produced by the stuff, might be both though actually if I am being honest.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2023, 10:26:31 AMBut they're not exploding like the Engineer head.  The bodies on Planet 4 were largely intact; not obliterated like the Engineer head, which we're told would ultimately happen to the Fifield monster.

Alright, I see your angle.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 28, 2023, 10:41:28 AMhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/0f7121d6598fe2069ff2e79cefed9fd1/2d6cd2fbc05faa6e-a4/s540x810/5a8b518ed135b9330f5b62482b53c1b80b83a3a0.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/e67a6407aa4a7deb29e9c088c1ae57b9/2d6cd2fbc05faa6e-09/s540x810/aaf60c6d9f4fd88441e4997d5645ce10ce54fcc1.gif
Looks like just the Pathogen itself to me, not individual ambulatory creatures produced by the stuff, might be both though actually if I am being honest.

Yeah, that one bit where some of whatever "it" is starts walking like a cheeky octopus does at least imply something .

Still Collating...

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2023, 10:26:31 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 28, 2023, 10:06:10 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2023, 12:57:25 AM'kay
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uXifHuwK3r0/WyZhrO9S6vI/AAAAAAAAqE0/4owFyCYranIO3oAU7wHvnTddY1c9h0ggwCKgBGAs/s1600/Scene%2Bin%2BAlien%2BCovenant%2Bwhere%2BDavid%2Bleads%2Bthe%2Bcrew%2Bof%2Bthe%2BCovenant%2Bacross%2Bthe%2Bplaza%2Bfull%2Bof%2BEngineer%2Bcorpses%2B4.png

My recollection is that they did explode a lot, but that more of the black swarmy form of the shit was what erupted out of them rather than critters. It's been a while since I watched it on a decent screen though.

There's stuff erupting out of them certainly as we can see when David dumps the pathogen, perhaps similar to the ones Fifield and Millburn find, and likely the "hybrids" David mentions.  But they're not exploding like the Engineer head.  The bodies on Planet 4 were largely intact; not obliterated like the Engineer head, which we're told would ultimately happen to the Fifield monster.

Hence why I think it's not quite the same substance and 'takes on many forms'.

Thanks for the points of view. Both yours and BlueMarsalis79's seem valid possibilities to me. I would call that more like Ridley being inconstant Ridley, but I always found that the "many forms" David mentions was more like the same singular Pathogen is able to do a lot of almost random stuff, instead of meaning that there are different types of Pathogen that do specific stuff.

SM

Corporal Hicks

This is the direction I would have preferred to see Aliens: Infiltrator take rather than this irradiated eggs or injecting the eggs with the accelerant or whatever they ended up doing in that novel. I thought it would have been more interesting to do some controlled experiments with smaller amounts or re-programmed amounts of the goo and then infect the humans to see what the resulting Alien came out like. I don't think the selectively breed angle when it comes to the Alien is toyed with enough.

Still Collating...

Exactly, those kind of stories would be much more interesting. Like this, we nerds just get annoyed with how bad the science is. And these ideas for experimentation are like really basic level stuff that we unspecialized civilians can think of. Seems like what to experiment with the Aliens is often overlooked with the authors unfortunately.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

You know what would've been more interesting in aliens FTE pathogen, rather then the xenomorph being infected with the pathogen. If the infected xeno were another sets of Protomorph Who were made by the engineers to re-create the perfect organisms and their life cycle completely but failed miserably

Corporal Hicks

In general I do enjoy Fireteam Elite, but I really didn't like that approach with the Neomorphs in Fireteam. They shouldn't have been that way around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed