Aliens Fireteams
5 (27.8%)
Aliens Dark Descent
3 (16.7%)
Other
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author
Which is the Ideal Praetorian design (Read 3,464 times)

SM

SM

Local Trouble

jacobo1122

I like Fireteam Elite's one. Many previous designs looked just like bigger Xenos with crown or small queens. Fireteam design is bulky, has visibly thicker armor, and I like glowing chest. It implies that something is going on internally, maybe because of digested Royal Jelly.

BlueMarsalis79

By far. The Praetorian and Crusher.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Nov 24, 2023, 12:21:03 AMPraetorian as in the dudes that protect the Queen? The design of the dudes in Aliens protecting the Queen is just fine.

While I agree that on first glance, the concept may be redundant, but if there is to be a next Queen, then ideally one of Aliens should be ready for that transition as fast and as efficiently as possible, so a creature already morphed to certain physcally specs would likely be more ready. Well at least I find it could more easy to a Praetorian become a Queen than a Drone. That is not to say that Drones can't morph but a Praetorian looks ready to morph further.

As for design, I like both the AVP2010 and the fireteam one. The latter shows some previous warrior traits, like if is still morphing.
The glow thing I am not a fan of, but I think that was just for gameplay reasons, its a highlighted weakspot

James Sawyer

I kind of like the blocky look in AvP Extinction... looks tanky!

Kimarhi

I like any of the more biomechanical designs where they are on their back legs.  I don't mind the praetorian as a wandering queen looking to establish a new hive.  To me that take makes sense, at it is still built to fight at that point.  The queen can fight, but the queen should be laying eggs.  Praetorian lets the queen wander from point a to b without having to suppress egg laying, and maybe more easily snatch up host animals without them being alerted to the fifteen foot tall monstrosity lumbering toward them. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed