The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,219 times)

Stalker

Stalker

Just the alien for now, but the others are coming soon.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

im i the only one that would rather have a SP demo? i feel like aMP demo will show too much, like the weapons, all the trophy kills and such.. if they limit them it will be good but im a little nervous..

Brother

Brother

Not just you, 100 other people in the awesome Demo thread.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 28, 2010, 10:17:27 AM
im i the only one that would rather have a SP demo? i feel like aMP demo will show too much, like the weapons, all the trophy kills and such.. if they limit them it will be good but im a little nervous..

Then don't play it?

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Zephon on Jan 28, 2010, 10:28:11 AM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 28, 2010, 10:17:27 AM

Then don't play it?

if only it was that easy, i plan on buying the game and NEED too know if my system handles it, so i need to play the demo...
after watching the vid again, he does not actualy say it will be a MP demo, just says youl be able to check out the demo online, he could mean check it out as in download it from online..

ikarop

ikarop

Mmm, maybe. I heard it might feature the multiplayer so that may be why I thought he said it that way.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 28, 2010, 11:00:17 AM
Mmm, maybe. I heard it might include the multiplayer as well so that may be why I thought he said it that way.

oh so it's actually an SP demo but now it might have MP TOO? D:

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Mmm, maybe. I heard it might include the multiplayer as well so that may be why I thought he said it that way.

That would be perfect, the guys that wanna try SP and save MP for the release can have fun, so can the guys that wanna save SP for release..

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Zephon on Jan 28, 2010, 11:01:14 AM

oh so it's actually an SP demo but now it might have MP TOO? D:

I hope so. I don't know too much about the demo, just random stuff so I can't confirm or deny anything yet, sorry.

WeaN

WeaN

If the demo has MP, please, oh please let it be something else than DM. But somehow I got a feeling it's gonna be Eurogamer/Orlando all over again.

affinity

affinity

why should it be anything other than DM?   if people want the more advanced multiplayer modes, they should buy the game instead of expecting freebies. 
it only takes a single campaign or Deathmatch multiplayer demo to test your PC and the gameplay anyway.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: affinity on Jan 28, 2010, 12:24:54 PM
why should it be anything other than DM?   if people want the more advanced multiplayer modes, they should buy the game instead of expecting freebies. 
it only takes a single campaign or Deathmatch multiplayer demo to test your PC and the gameplay anyway.

some people are on the fence and need more than a DM to decide if they wanna spend there money... plus DM is dull, TDM would be better.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 28, 2010, 12:47:06 PM
some people are on the fence and need more than a DM to decide if they wanna spend there money... plus DM is dull, TDM would be better.

yeah, as long as it's not mixed species, TDM is better.    ;D

Yeah this game must come with no respawns rule for all TDM variants.

Yeah no respawns really turns it into a whole different and deeper game in multiplayer! People will play more smart to survive and protect their only life. And in team based modes the better survivors would cooperate and communicate with each other better.

Yeah it reminds me of the good Rainbow Six Vegas days when we would play team survival (no respawns) and it just felt more profressional, intense (with the tension and fear of being seen first.)

if AVP has option to turn off respawns rules for Team species deathmatch, and even deathmatch, that would totally take it up to a whole hardcore level. Yeah I know some modes like Infestation and Predator Hunt wouldn't work with respawns off, but overall TSDM, TDM and DM should have no respawns option for more hardcore survivors. even Uncharted 2 had a team based mode dedicated to no respawns (called Elimination.) Timesplitters games had that too but Elimination in Timesplitters FP didn't have a team based version.) It works better offering the option within the existing DM variants instead of making a different mode for it.

This will be triple times more intense with 3 teams in AVP, because in like TSDM there would be like 3 teams of 6 each and surviving without depending on respawns would make people better teammates and better players too. TeamSpeciesDeathmatch with no respawns would be just as addicting like Survivor mode will be.

It would be ultimate true species survival!!!

Dusk

Dusk

It'd be great if the game had a no respawn/Elimation game mode. I'm not a big fan of the chaos that I witnessed in the Multiplayer maps. I'd love to see people acting tactically and Predator players actually taking their time to stalk their prey.

Kane

Kane

QuoteYeah this game must come with no respawns rule for all TDM variants.

Yes, this would be really nice.  :)
Of course it has to be optional, so you can turn it on or off. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed