The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,177 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Interview was good, Im sure we'll get plenty more news tomorrow.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Galliruler on Jan 28, 2010, 03:50:26 AM
Did anyone notice the interview showed the alien tail decapitation? From the marine perspective? Interesting. :D
OH SHIT! So that was what that was.  I couldn't figure it out! I was wondering if that body was a buddy that died next to the player or what.  :o :D

newbeing

newbeing

Another interview as well with Tim Jones http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensvspredatorworkingtitle/video/6248166/daily-demo-aliens-vs-predator?hd=1

WARNING!!!! shows the first couple minutes of the Alien campaign (tutorial level). You also get a look at the facehugger included in the Hunter Edition.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 28, 2010, 04:02:39 AM
Another interview as well with Tim Jones http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensvspredatorworkingtitle/video/6248166/daily-demo-aliens-vs-predator?hd=1

WARNING!!!! shows the first couple minutes of the Alien campaign (tutorial level). You also get a look at the facehugger included in the Hunter Edition.

Very nice indeed.

affinity

affinity

yeah the mp interview

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensvspredatorworkingtitle/video/6248159/aliens-vs-predator-multiplayer-interview-tim-jones#toggle_video

really is the best source now to see more of the Smartgun used in first person, and seeing other players use it as wel.  I'm really loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

WeaN

WeaN

So, do we have an idea of what happened during the Marine footage ?
When he has the flame thrower and they get attacked by a Xeno. He's trying to fry it, but he doesn't quite get it, does he ? Then the Alien gets close to the other Marine and explodes.
What I'm wondering :
Did the player actually reach the Alien with the flames, but it didn't catch on fire for some reason ?
Was the player unable to reach the Xeno before, and when he finally did, the flames caused it to blow up ?
Was the reason why the Xeno blew up related to something else ? Maybe something the other player did (like firing a grenade from close range) ?

I hope it's the latter and the flames can actually set people on fire. 

Drone23

Drone23

Looks like the flamethrower finally caught up and blew the Alien up, he should have been aiming in front of it not behind it.

In the new AvP multiplayer interview from 3:16-3:18= pure gold, it shows a marine get decapitated by a Alien from the Marines view, and you see his head roll on the ground, pure gold..

Stalker

Stalker

Finally we're getting some good quality gameplay footage. Great stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it was a close range grenade from the other marine.

WeaN

WeaN

Yeah, that's what I'm starting to think too, cause I remember seeing a screenshot with a Xeno caught on fire from the flamethrower ... since it didn't happen in this short footage, I think it's safe to say the player couldn't actually touch it.

Drone23

Drone23

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2010, 07:51:53 AM
I think it was a close range grenade from the other marine.

Yep, good call, had to re-watch it a few times to see the Marine's rifle kick from the grenade, poor bastard..  ;D

ikarop

ikarop

Another interview at GameTrailers.

WeaN

WeaN

Thanks for the link :)

... but they need to stop using old footage during these interviews. Good thing there was some never seen stuff on the screen in the background.
Nothing new was told either.
My favourite part of this interview :

"There will be a demo coming very soon, which you can hopefully enjoy online:P

Stalker

Stalker

News of an online demo sounds great, hopefully within the first week of February.

I hate the GameTrailers video streaming, it gets very choppy at times.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

did they release the marine and predator on the spot videos? or just alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed