The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,240 times)

mavox1

mavox1

gawd, i guess are odds with getting a turd are pretty high...for all we know the game could suck and have great visuals...esp since rebellion hasnt made a good game in how long?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 28, 2010, 01:16:32 AM
Quote from: mavox1 on Jan 28, 2010, 01:14:32 AM
yea, really no excuse...especially considering a game like left 4 dead made it not so obvious with 50 zombies at once..pretty lame.

anyone noticed if they dissappear in sp?

Yeah they do. You can see the Alien body "melt" away near the end of the official Predator gameplay they released today.

Kind of odd looking in this day and age of video games, but I'm sure it won't bother me as much when I'm playing it.

It was the same with the last two AvP games...

It really bugs me, I don't know why so many games have corpse removal in single-player. Disabling corpse removal with mods had barely any performance impact on Doom 3. Yet it added so much to the game - much more satisfying to be able to gloat over your kills, and if you had to backtrack through the level, the strewn corpses gave you a better idea of where you are.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 28, 2010, 01:22:55 AM
Well, with all the gimping of the Predator, it definitely went down from 'must buy' to 'rent first' for me.

You say that as if it isn't justified.

Dusk

Dusk

If they'd at least keep all that balancing out of the single player, so there'd be at least one place where I can feel and play like a proper Predator. Then there's the minimal weapon options and changing the combistick to being throwable only and the Net nowhere to be found at all.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Imagine the combistick as a melee weapon under the current system. It would render the Aliens redundant entirely.

newbeing

newbeing

someone already get this video interview?
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensvspredatorworkingtitle/video/6248159/aliens-vs-predator-multiplayer-modes-interview-tim-jones

Lots of great shots of the survival mode and mp in general.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 28, 2010, 01:50:41 AM
someone already get this video interview?
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensvspredatorworkingtitle/video/6248159/aliens-vs-predator-multiplayer-modes-interview-tim-jones

Lots of great shots of the survival mode and mp in general.
Ok that vid made me have hope again.  It was sexy.

affinity

affinity

the new Predator gameplay trailer didn't use Alien green vison at all.     that was  a bit incomplete not demonstrating their 3rd vision mode so people know they have a vision to highlight aliens.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: affinity on Jan 28, 2010, 02:42:31 AM
the new Predator gameplay trailer didn't use Alien green vison at all.     that was  a bit incomplete not demonstrating their 3rd vision mode so people know they have a vision to highlight aliens.
I thought the same thing.  I did like the stealth kill that the Predator muffles a guy, looks at his blades and shoves them in the guy. They got the look of the guy's face perfect, he looks angerly at the Pred, winces, then glances at the blades and dies. I would like to see it in normal spectrum though.

Buwx

Buwx

Quote from: predalien27 on Jan 28, 2010, 02:53:46 AM
I thought the same thing.  I did like the stealth kill that the Predator muffles a guy, looks at his blades and shoves them in the guy. They got the look of the guy's face perfect, he looks angerly at the Pred, winces, then glances at the blades and dies. I would like to see it in normal spectrum though.

Indeed, there is nothing more satisfying, than to enact a stealthy kill of absolute badassery on a highly unsuspecting, shocked, soiled-pants, marine. Lol.

However I loved the ending kill:

Voice Recording: "Hey, come here!"

Marine: "On my way!"

-BOOSH! Blood splatter...- XD

Drone23

Drone23

All I can say about the new footage is ...wow...

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Buwx on Jan 28, 2010, 03:25:58 AM
Quote from: predalien27 on Jan 28, 2010, 02:53:46 AM

Indeed, there is nothing more satisfying, than to enact a stealthy kill of absolute badassery on a highly unsuspecting, shocked, soiled-pants, marine. Lol.

However I loved the ending kill:

Voice Recording: "Hey, come here!"

Marine: "On my way!"

-BOOSH! Blood splatter...- XD
Rather stupid of him.
He might as well say, " On my way, scary voice that doesn't sound close to being human... hey what's that blue ligh..." BOOOOOM.

First Blood

First Blood

Well one can think of it similar to a dog whistle, only the dog can hear the noise. The voice maybe only resonates to the Marine about to bite the dust?  ???

Buwx

Buwx

That's how I figured it worked, otherwise those are some really DUMB marines. O_o

Elliott

Elliott

Did anyone notice the interview showed the alien tail decapitation? From the marine perspective? Interesting. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed