The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,179 times)

Stalker

Stalker

I like the fact that the disc is no longer an auto-targeting weapon, it actually requires some precision & skill to use. As shown in this video, though, it can still be very effective. The player even hits moving targets at distances of over 100ft. There's another video which shows a pouncing alien get killed in mid-air by a well-aimed throw.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 27, 2010, 02:07:09 AM
Quote from: Brother on Jan 26, 2010, 10:51:08 AM
The Colonial marine's weapons have changed because of the 30 years after Aliens. That makes the pred advanced..how many centuries?

Yes, but it's technically a devolution: If that 'shurikan' thing is more advanced than the disc, then why incorporate the disc-hold? If, on the other hand, they're equally as advanced, then why does the disc need relatively cumbersome blades, when it had some sort of atomic virbational thing going on before, which was obviously sharp enough to cut effortlessly through several sets of flesh and bone in the second film?

It's an interesting look, but in practical terms, it's odd.

Yes I'm really interested what the excuse is going to be for the pred weapons, since we heard the 30 years story every time we noticed a change in the marines weapons.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: Brother on Jan 27, 2010, 10:01:53 AM
Yes I'm really interested what the excuse is going to be for the pred weapons, since we heard the 30 years story every time we noticed a change in the marines weapons.

The "excuse" for pred weapons being what they are is that they are not
weapons of war, they are hunting gear... They are hi-tech adaptations of
primitive designs... And different preds seem to have their own more or
less unique toys to play with...

Shoulder Cannon is propably an exeption... Its predators PDW...

Drewid

Drewid

I reckon you're right there.  It's like human hunters today going out with crossbow or longbow.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: Drewid on Jan 27, 2010, 10:29:33 AM
I reckon you're right there.  It's like human hunters today going out with crossbow or longbow.

Yeah... And where pred have shoulder cannon it might be similar to if human
would take some P90 with him too. (Just in case the recreational hunt turns
into fight for survival...)

Stalker

Stalker

The plasmacaster is clearly the equivalent of a predator's rifle. Just look at the original Predator, half of the creature's kills involved sniping unaware victims from the trees.

I think they prefer to hunt with a  more 'traditional' arsenal. They don't particularly need or want to further advance their technology, old-fashioned edged weapons seem to suit them just fine.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

There's also the fact that their weapons, hunting or not, are well-suited to individual-scale combat.

Predators wouldn't make effective foot-soldiers, but they do make excellent spec ops sort of fighters because their weapons and technology are so suited to small confrontations.

Puks

Puks

I'd say their actual military weapons and tech are far more advanced than hunting gear which they use simply for amusement..

Human huntsmen don't use advanced war weaponry either.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I prefer to think that their lifestyle and social structures remove the requirement of a military. When you've got a series of feudal clans that just look after themselves, all you need is for the members to be able to defend themselves.

nikita

nikita

Quote from: Puks on Jan 27, 2010, 10:57:08 AM
I'd say their actual military weapons and tech are far more advanced than hunting gear which they use simply for amusement..

Exactly. There's no doubt that the Predators have the technology to live relatively comfortable and peaceful lives yet that's not their racial tmeperament nor culture. Instead they actively go out to seek hunting game and put themselves in danger in the process; they are bloodthirsty and seem to have an inherent need of proving themselves.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

See:

Insecure.

:P

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: nikita on Jan 27, 2010, 12:16:13 PM
Quote from: Puks on Jan 27, 2010, 10:57:08 AM

Exactly. There's no doubt that the Predators have the technology to live relatively comfortable and peaceful lives yet that's not their racial tmeperament nor culture. Instead they actively go out to seek hunting game and put themselves in danger in the process; they are bloodthirsty and seem to have an inherent need of proving themselves.

Yesh, we're good and nice people. ;D

Xeno

Xeno

The Predator Gameplay Trailer  ;D Enjoy.

Greetings
Xeno || avp2daily.de

Attack.no1

Attack.no1

Cools. Looks awsome!!!

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Xeno on Jan 27, 2010, 04:57:25 PM
The Predator Gameplay Trailer  ;D Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn5u9FuQwD4

Greetings
Xeno || avp2daily.de

Nice they will upload the Alien And Marine i'm guessing it's just a little taste of what were gonna get in the game for the public. Also noticed there wasnt any "Work in Progress" written anywhere. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed