The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,222 times)

Big Head Ninja

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2010, 07:53:08 AM
I'm not sure what difficulty it was being played on but when I played on normal, the Aliens weren't shy about raping me. They were extremely intelligent at a distance, using cover to move around, using the shadows to flank me. On more than one occasion when I hadn't taken them out in a distance they surprised me by attacking me and when I'd turn to take them on, they'd retreated into the shadows again.

I found the AI very effective. Especially when there's about 3 of them. I got killed more than once.

Sounds like Hard should be a challenging and fun experience, even more so for Nightmare.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2010, 07:53:08 AM
I'm not sure what difficulty it was being played on but when I played on normal, the Aliens weren't shy about raping me. They were extremely intelligent at a distance, using cover to move around, using the shadows to flank me. On more than one occasion when I hadn't taken them out in a distance they surprised me by attacking me and when I'd turn to take them on, they'd retreated into the shadows again.

I found the AI very effective. Especially when there's about 3 of them. I got killed more than once.

It's so nice to read that about the AI. Thanks for the heads up.  :D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Okata on Jan 25, 2010, 11:07:39 PM
Not sure if we have this one yet or not, but beware if watching. It has a few new clips I haven't seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8baibpkDEQ

Hadn't noticed the disc design, until this time... It's an odd sort of hybrid of stuff.

Brother

Brother

The Colonial marine's weapons have changed because of the 30 years after Aliens. That makes the pred advanced..how many centuries?

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 26, 2010, 10:40:09 AM
Quote from: Okata on Jan 25, 2010, 11:07:39 PM
Not sure if we have this one yet or not, but beware if watching. It has a few new clips I haven't seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8baibpkDEQ

Hadn't noticed the disc design, until this time... It's an odd sort of hybrid of stuff.

Yeap, looks like an automated evolved big shuriken. I do not dislike its concept though.

Eldritch

Eldritch

It is a bit like the disc from Predator 2 but with spikes. One thing that makes me happy is that it is not automatically homing this time. It'll be a challenge to master it, but it shall be done ;)

I am a little bit disappointed that the combistick is only used for throwing and not melee, but at the same time I see the problems in getting it to work properly and be of use.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: Eldritch on Jan 26, 2010, 01:04:45 PM
It is a bit like the disc from Predator 2 but with spikes. One thing that makes me happy is that it is not automatically homing this time. It'll be a challenge to master it, but it shall be done ;)

I am a little bit disappointed that the combistick is only used for throwing and not melee, but at the same time I see the problems in getting it to work properly and be of use.

Not automatically homing this time?. Source, please?.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 26, 2010, 02:22:41 PM
Quote from: Eldritch on Jan 26, 2010, 01:04:45 PM

Not automatically homing this time?. Source, please?.

a source would be nearly all the pred MP vids, the disc follows the crosshair so you have to keep the enemy in the center of the screen and the disc will follow.

Kane

Kane

I thought the 10 min gameplays were removed by sega.
Gamstar.de still got the first 10 min marine gameplay online.  ???

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=13344

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 26, 2010, 02:39:02 PM
a source would be nearly all the pred MP vids, the disc follows the crosshair so you have to keep the enemy in the center of the screen and the disc will follow.

From the top of my head I remember of that video in which a Pred is on a bridge fighting those 4 or 5 aliens running towards to him. Yeah.. he throws the disk, hits a couple aliens and then what.. disk is over for the rest of the action?.

Brother

Brother

Hicks and Eidotemit mentioned several times and a couple of previews, the player himself if guiding the disc. It automatically comes back after a while.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Oh, i c.. .. thanks a lot for the subtle spank.

Ahem.. tell that to the, and I think he's right and cool, videoman above. :P

RidgeTop

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Brother on Jan 26, 2010, 10:51:08 AM
The Colonial marine's weapons have changed because of the 30 years after Aliens. That makes the pred advanced..how many centuries?

Yes, but it's technically a devolution: If that 'shurikan' thing is more advanced than the disc, then why incorporate the disc-hold? If, on the other hand, they're equally as advanced, then why does the disc need relatively cumbersome blades, when it had some sort of atomic virbational thing going on before, which was obviously sharp enough to cut effortlessly through several sets of flesh and bone in the second film?

It's an interesting look, but in practical terms, it's odd.

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 26, 2010, 02:39:02 PM

I'd like that to be true! The film never showed it homing by beam-riding. What I remember of it on footage, however, is that the beam is activated when it's thrown. I'm guessing it just hasn't locked on because of not being in the right visual spectrum, was all.

It should just be luck of the draw. The thing's meant to be throwable and close-combat, with lots of power, but require the disadvantage of being manual.

Joe117

Joe117

CAn some please give me the youtube link to the predator gameplay vid of the pred in the marine compound, the new one from msxbox world not the first 10 min of gameplay...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed