The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,204 times)

Insomniac

Insomniac

Quote from: Brother on Jan 25, 2010, 01:25:36 PM
That is probably not pointed just at me but, I've never said the 1st one, the 2nd one - I'd like to see how they do care.

I wouldn't have been on these forums 3 times as long as you if I didn't care...

Brother

Brother

I'm convinced.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

I would like that in Nightmare difficulty everytime you get grabbed by an alien means death right away and you need to start the level all over again OR how about the whole CAMPAIGN. lol

mavox1

mavox1

Quote from: XxecutionerxX on Jan 25, 2010, 06:32:35 PM
I would like that in Nightmare difficulty everytime you get grabbed by an alien means death right away and you need to start the level all over again OR how about the whole CAMPAIGN. lol

i'm not understanding the alien's apparant slowness to react up close, seems like lazyness on the developers part.... let me understand this. the aleins react fairly reailistically at a distance, scaling walls and leaping around, but once they close the distance they just stand there. this is absurd beyond belief. why? that takes the immersive experience away almost completey..

let me ask this question? wouldn't it have been to the developers advantage to make the marine's weaponry completely slow down the alien's in stride, so that a close quarters battle could be avoided...

i can understand a strong healthy marine repeling a weak small alien MAYBE 10-20% of the time for a brief moment, but these marines are freaking T-800s arent they?

AJL

AJL

No... They are T1000s

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

A strong marine with an armored boot can kick back an Alien according to Rebellion, They had to balance the game for all three species,  I doubt they will change anything at this point so you might as well start dealing with it. 

worriors

worriors

SPOILERS ALERT:

I found this video on youtube, I dont think its been posted before. It shows the first 9 mins of the ALIEN part of the game.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: worriors on Jan 25, 2010, 07:43:06 PM
SPOILERS ALERT:

I found this video on youtube, I dont think its been posted before. It shows the first 9 mins of the ALIEN part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_0ffBiohY

Already been posted but thanks anyway.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Sorry it has been posted before and its not the first 9min. of the alien campaign. In hick's report from playing the beginning of all 3 campaign's its mentioned how it starts. Not to mention there are a few screenshots of the beginning aswell. It does look however like its about maybe halfway threw the first alien level.

mavox1

mavox1

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 25, 2010, 07:40:07 PM
A strong marine with an armored boot can kick back an Alien according to Rebellion, They had to balance the game for all three species,  I doubt they will change anything at this point so you might as well start dealing with it.

well i have no problem with stopping an alien up close in certain situations, maybe knocking it back some with your legs a little bit.. the PROBLEM is how the aliens just stand there waiting to die.

i have no problem with Rebellion tweaking the multiplayer either to make the species somewhat balanced, but geez, if they were gonna make the marines that strong i wish they had some sort of backstory(better armor, enchanced mech aided limbs, SOMETHING) to make it more realisitic...considering its in the future, something like that coulda worked imo

Brother

Brother

They thought the aliens are way superior to marines so they made both species equally good in melee.

Okata

Okata

Not sure if we have this one yet or not, but beware if watching. It has a few new clips I haven't seen before.

ikarop

ikarop

Yup, everything posted.

Pandrix

Pandrix

Quote from: Okata on Jan 25, 2010, 11:07:39 PM
Not sure if we have this one yet or not, but beware if watching. It has a few new clips I haven't seen before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8baibpkDEQ
I hadnt seen this! Thanks alot =D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure what difficulty it was being played on but when I played on normal, the Aliens weren't shy about raping me. They were extremely intelligent at a distance, using cover to move around, using the shadows to flank me. On more than one occasion when I hadn't taken them out in a distance they surprised me by attacking me and when I'd turn to take them on, they'd retreated into the shadows again.

I found the AI very effective. Especially when there's about 3 of them. I got killed more than once.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed