The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,179 times)

Brother

Brother

He actually said that? Must be true! :P

I said before I don't want the difficulty to affect the AI.

Puks

Puks

Yeah, I remember. God-mode is a must for showing off any game.  ;D

Well, brother, in that case you get retarded aliens on every difficulty. Congrats.

AJL

AJL

I think those AI Aliens we have seen so far have acted and moved pretty well most
of the time... Sneaking, Jumpping, Dodging, ... ( A lot better than in AvP 1&2 )

Its only when they get close and when they should attack and kill you that they
start to acting weard...

Puks

Puks

Precisely, they just stand in place instead of ripping the player into shreads.

FrigginPandas

FrigginPandas

Yeah. Doesn't make much sense, but it is a work in progress video.

Brother

Brother

"Work in progress" from some 5 weeks before release. It should've said "Work is done"

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

my  god...
i bet if you take all the complaints and post's about 'i dont like this, i dont like that' out of this topic we would still be on page 20... lol

FrigginPandas

FrigginPandas

I agree but they seem like they still have a few bugs to iron out. Look at the movie Aliens...it didn't have a pre-screening because it wasn't completed until the week of it's release.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 25, 2010, 11:45:54 AM
my  god...
i bet if you take all the complaints and post's about 'i dont like this, i dont like that' out of this topic we would still be on page 20... lol

Well... What do you expect ;D

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: AJL on Jan 25, 2010, 11:51:45 AM
my  god...

true, but it gets real anoying when you come here looking for any new info and have to navigate pages and pages of people complaining about the same thing when 1 post would do the job.. i dunno... i guess thats the net for ya..

Revenant

Revenant

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 25, 2010, 11:58:54 AM
Quote from: AJL on Jan 25, 2010, 11:51:45 AM
my  god...

true, but it gets real anoying when you come here looking for any new info and have to navigate pages and pages of people complaining about the same thing when 1 post would do the job.. i dunno... i guess thats the net for ya..

Well said grimy

Brother

Brother

It gets annoying when people ask about the demo 3064 times.
When people post the same video 13 times.
When people make a thread about which button will you use first in the game.
When the game wants the player to use the vents.
It's a long list but you got the point.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Stalker on Jan 25, 2010, 10:57:14 AM
Nightmare is the only way to go in my opinion- what's the point in playing a tense, scary game if all the monsters are watered down to be weak & non-threatening by playing a lower difficulty?

To not constantly die and have to restart it all the time. :)

The more obvious way to satisfy these factors is to simply have squad members, of course... If it was just Hicks, in 'Aliens', that film would have ended fairly quick.

Quote from: AJL on Jan 25, 2010, 11:04:18 AM
They shouldn't have any uber jumps which let them glide from one side of the map to
the other very quickly and they shouldn't have any uber speed either... (They maybe
able to sprint faster than Humans/Preds but only marginally and only for a short time)

They shouldn't hunt by running down their prey like some Cheetah... More like some
Lion... They should need to utilize sneaking and stalking tactics to get close to their
prey and then close in the final meters with quick leap/charge... Followed by quick
and quite kill...

'Alien 3' disagrees with you. :) Look at how much strength it would take to leap out of that lead.

We also see the one guarding Newt, in 'Aliens', swiftly leaping between surfaces to try and get at Ripley.

Quote from: Puks on Jan 25, 2010, 11:19:32 AM
You guys better be right. I wanna get f**ked bad. And often.

There are paid services in your telephone directory for that...

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Brother on Jan 25, 2010, 12:53:32 PM
It gets annoying when people ask about the demo 3064 times.
When people post the same video 13 times.
When people make a thread about which button will you use first in the game.
When the game wants the player to use the vents.
It's a long list but you got the point.

then why not make a new topic titled 'COMPLAINT'S'
then if anyone has anything negative to say or wants to know what other people dont like about the game they can do so in that thread, instead of clogging up every topic with the same ol' post's...
and if you (not YOU but people in general) feel so strongly against the job the dev's did with the game dont buy it, that way you dont have to put yourself or use threw the torture of another negative post, because i for one think the game is fine how it is (there are small niggles but there are with all games, or anything that is created by someone else, people dont have the same taste's and its a hard enough job to try and impress everyone)

Brother

Brother

At least 10 times before was pointed out that complaining AFTER the damage is done - useless. Also, it's been pointed out that fans like their games done right. Constructive criticism, saying what you don't like...call it what ever you want. Someone made a good point that fans do it because they are concerned about it.

And last, people have the right to do it, they aren't insulting anyone and it's not against the rules. So..yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed