The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,177 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 25, 2010, 04:38:15 AM
Well, the Marine got by in the previous games without a counter-attack.

The Aliens and Predators diddnt have one hit kill prompts in the previous games either.  Already preview journalists said its tough surviving as a marine.  They have to balance it right, to me it looks like they are doing a fantastic job, but I guess I dont watch every video looking for something small to complain about.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Yea but before there weren't a thousand ways to one button kill a marine.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Yup, I said earlier how I wasn't a fan of it.

JayHy17

JayHy17

There will be a certain way to get fast kills as all 3 species, the marine will just mow the yard with the smart gun. boom.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Puks on Jan 25, 2010, 01:14:33 AM
Behold as the ultimate biomechanical horror gets reduced to something a mere mortal can push away. As a huge alien fan, I feel betrayed.

Fail.

F**k. Why are you doing this Rebellion?!

I feel that some alien fans would only be satisfied if AvP3 featured only one genius alien that never takes any damage

Puks

Puks

Whatever, predboy. You didn't get the point at all.

Stalker

Stalker

I think you are only able to counter grab attacks if you are at high health, if you are wounded already you have no chance of escape. A healthy marine would at least stand a small chance of being able to fend off an alien for a second, after all, Vasquez managed to subdue one momentarily with enough force in Aliens. A strong enough kick could at least stun an alien long enough for the marine to recover.

Plus, predator trophy kills can be countered too, it's all for the sake of balance.

Puks

Puks

Balance. I'm starting to really hate that word.

QuoteVasquez managed to subdue one of them momentarily with enough force in Aliens.

Completely different situation. In the movie she subdued the alien because it was below her and it was injured IIRC. She pinned it to the ground with the help of freakin gravity.

Now look at the video. What I see is a marine smacking an alien repeatedly and kicking it off the stairs. There's even a move, when an alien pins you to the ground, you hold it by the neck (what the f**k?!) and kick it off (almost) flying.

A f**kin tiger, bear or even a rotweiler would totally eat your ass in a situation like that. And the ultimate biomechanical horror gets kicked off. Frankly, f**k you, Rebellion. And to think how much I loved the company because of AvP1..

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

All in all, it depends mostly on how weighty the Alien is considered to be. Aliens being steel-rippingly strong doesn't prevent other forces from acting on them.

The hit down the stairs thing was dumb, though.

Stalker

Stalker

I had not watched that recent video until now, I thought it would be spoiler-filled so steered clear of it.

I see what you were referring to, the marine player is basically slapping the aliens around with a pistol. Total bullshit.

Hopefully on the higher difficulty levels they will be much more dangerous.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

i understand your dissapointment guys... but seriously, theres no need to get so worked up about it, its to late for anything to be changed now, unless they delay the release..
No use crying over spilt milk..

Stalker

Stalker

I'm assuming that video was on a very low difficulty, the player seemed to have no problem plowing through hordes of aliens. On Nightmare, I'll bet it will be a much different story.

gloatingdazz

gloatingdazz

Quote from: Puks on Jan 25, 2010, 10:30:48 AM
Balance. I'm starting to really hate that word.

QuoteVasquez managed to subdue one of them momentarily with enough force in Aliens.

Completely different situation. In the movie she subdued the alien because it was below her and it was injured IIRC. She pinned it to the ground with the help of freakin gravity.

Now look at the video. What I see is a marine smacking an alien repeatedly and kicking it off the stairs. There's even a move, when an alien pins you to the ground, you hold it by the neck (what the f**k?!) and kick it off (almost) flying.
A f**kin tiger, bear or even a rotweiler would totally eat your ass in a situation like that. And the ultimate biomechanical horror gets kicked off. Frankly, f**k you, Rebellion. And to think how much I loved the company because of AvP1..
if i remember correctly in alien r ripley easily lifts one with the butt of her shotgun after she kills it in her own spcial way hmmmm

Puks

Puks

It was on easy for sure. Seems acid has no effect on that difficulty. I really hope at least nightmare will make the aliens justice.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Wait, that was on easy?

Those Aliens had as much health as the Aliens in AvP2 had on Hard mode. Perhaps more.

Medium/hard/nightmare are going to be tough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed