The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,199 times)

Puks

Puks

As much as I wanted to love this game, I have to admit utter dissapointment after watching that vid. Most players will love it and glorify it, but now I know I will not be among them. Too many issues with this game. It's not what I've been waiting for 10 years.

Aliens behave like total retards, they are sluggish and they don't seem like they really try to hurt the player. And someone PLEASE tell me what in the name of all that is holy and sacred in the A/P universe is that marine doing? Is he a freakin terminator or something? Those f**kin aliens eat steel doors and the player can just kick em off flying?

Behold as the ultimate biomechanical horror gets reduced to something a mere mortal can push away. As a huge alien fan, I feel betrayed.

Fail.

F**k. Why are you doing this Rebellion?!

Remonster

Remonster

Jesus, I'm a huge Aliien fan too but i don't feel betrayed.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Puks on Jan 25, 2010, 01:14:33 AM
As much as I wanted to love this game, I have to admit utter dissapointment after watching that vid. Most players will love it and glorify it, but now I know I will not be among them. Too many issues with this game. It's not what I've been waiting for 10 years.

Aliens behave like total retards, they are sluggish and they don't seem like they really try to hurt the player. And someone PLEASE tell me what in the name of all that is holy and sacred in the A/P universe is that marine doing? Is he a freakin terminator or something? Those f**kin aliens eat steel doors and the player can just kick em off flying?

Behold as the ultimate biomechanical horror gets reduced to something a mere mortal can push away. As a huge alien fan, I feel betrayed.

Fail.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the kick-off either. I mean, they don't exactly go flying, but it they shouldn't really go anywhere.

Puks

Puks

Quote from: Remonster on Jan 25, 2010, 01:45:55 AM

So (as a huge alien fan) you're fine with the marine bitchslapping aliens?

UltimateBadass

UltimateBadass

Quote from: Puks on Jan 25, 2010, 01:52:58 AM

Your everywhere aren't you?

Remonster

Remonster

I don't recall any bitch slapping, only the alien get a face full of Assault rifle. Of course I don't like it, but i'm not going to throw a fit and ruin my enjoyment of a game just because it isn't faithful to the original Alien. Ya know, like the last five movies that the Alien has been featured in. Just take faith in the fact that you can get your revenge on all these Marines in the Alien campaign!

Puks

Puks

Quote from: Maxwell on Jan 25, 2010, 01:54:24 AM

Your everywhere aren't you?

Anytime, anywhere.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Puks on Jan 25, 2010, 01:14:33 AM

Fail.

The funny thing is that the Aliens have the most health they've ever had out of all the games and the pulse rifle doesn't really knock them back. So a Marine shoving an Alien is generating more force than a pulse rifle.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

You guys are way too nitpicky sometimes, they have to give the marines at least somewhat of a chance.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Well, thats not really the same thing. You could kick a person farther back than a bullet would knock them back (which don't knock people back at all really, despite what movies show) even if it didn't penetrate and hit kevlar.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Either way, an Alien shouldn't be go flying.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

They're not really going flying as much as just being pushed back a bit (not far at all).

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 25, 2010, 04:15:32 AM
Either way, an Alien shouldn't be go flying.
Well It's a game and you have to realize that maybe they had to make that sacrifice other wise being a marine would be severly handicapped to the point where it would lose appeal of being a actual three way battle.
Both predator and alien are forced to make sacrifices so this game can be enjoyable for EVERYONE, not just one species/fan.
Hopefully the new Alien colonial marines game will be able to focus on just two species and therefore they will be able to get it more accurate to your views.  ;D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Well, the Marine got by in the previous games without a counter-attack.

Shardik

Shardik

just think of it as the marines are all jacked up on steroids and adrenaline boosters and many other luvley drugs supplied courtesy of Weyland Yutani

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed