The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,220 times)

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

damn pred and his chin camera shots lol.
I'm excited for this game!! I just pre-ordered mass effect 2 and on the 29th is my pay day so ill be preordering on that day to get the map packs!

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

In the new trailer you see the smartgun and shotgun. I expect you start with the P.P.

now to the question! Does every player start with the pulserifle and have to feed weapons of the walls(like CoD5), or will each player start with different weapons?

Saber

Saber

A little OT but is there anyway I can get an mp3 of the techno music played in the strip club when you go there as the Rookie?

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: AJL on Jan 20, 2010, 07:26:47 AM
Those alien "vent transitioning" things could be nice if they were optional helpers
(If aliens players could still walk in/out of those places without them too, under
their own control
) but thats not the case is it ?? They are the only way in/out
of those vents and such I am afraid... :-\

Everything has to be so damn automated and the automation never really works
that well... It never does what you want exactly...

Quotethe thing about automation and the game choosing for you what it thinks you want to do

Question: What is there to mess up about "Press A to Enter Vent"?

If you want to enter the vent, press A. If you don't, Don't press A. Easy.

A55tricky

A55tricky

i'd rather have it be you must press A. if you want to get across a wall with a vent in a hurry you don't have to go around it. makes it a bit easier IMO.

Big Head Ninja

Big Head Ninja

I can't say I like the idea of having to push a button to transition between surfaces, but I don't have a real problem with jumping into vents. I could see it being useful to escape, and with a bit of practise it could become quite an important ability for Alien players. It was quite annoying to have to maneuver yourself into vents in AVP2 while being shot.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: kvon17 on Jan 21, 2010, 06:42:42 AM
Quote from: AJL on Jan 20, 2010, 07:26:47 AM
Those alien "vent transitioning" things... Everything has to be so damn automated and the automation never really works that well... It never does what you want exactly...

Question: What is there to mess up about "Press A to Enter Vent"?

If you want to enter the vent, press A. If you don't, Don't press A. Easy.

In previous games those vent and such openings were just that... Openings... You could
go through anyway you choose... You could walk, run, jump, strafe, backpedal... You could
go half way through and then change your mind and pull back... You could get out from the
vents to any direction you wanted... up, down, left, right... You had "full" control over what
your character did...

But with this AvP(3) system you have to get close to the vent, aim at it and hit a button
to activate this automated transition... during which you have no control over what is going
to happen... (its like some mini cutscene...) The transition moves you all the way from one
side of the opening to the other, and to some predefined position and orientation which
you have no control over...

This AvP(3) system would have been fine (or great even) if it was an optional helper system
build in addition to that good old fashioned system. (But if it replaces the old and is now the
only way to go through those vent opening like it seems to then it really sucks...)

Zephon

Zephon

*Crosses fingers* Maybe it's just for console gamers. Like auto aim.

EC jay

EC jay

Quote from: Zephon on Jan 21, 2010, 10:05:08 AM
*Crosses fingers* Maybe it's just for console gamers. Like auto aim.
*crosses fingers aswell*

AJL

AJL

You guys are little superstitious or what ;D

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

f**king black cat.. :P

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I don't understand, won't you be able to enter a shaft in any other way than with the auto-enter?!  :o Where was this said? I always considered this to be just an additional option.

Brother

Brother

In the alien gameplay video. The guy stops before entering, the text appears, presses key and enters.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jan 21, 2010, 02:09:40 PM
I don't understand, won't you be able to enter a shaft in any other way than with the auto-enter?!  :o Where was this said? I always considered this to be just an additional option.

Noo... It was never actually said anywhere... And Hopefully it isn't true...
But based on what can be seen in the video clips it sure looks like it is...

ajm

ajm

Heritage Trailer released:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed