The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,253 times)

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: AJL on Jan 20, 2010, 10:57:58 AM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 20, 2010, 10:25:53 AM
Its not realy 'over' simplified... the old games were just a button mash when it came to attacks, and the only addedthing they had thats not in this game is crouch, so how one can say this game is simplified compared to the older versions is beyond me...

Sure there new kind of interactivity in there... special stealth kills, and trophy kills,
and light attacks which are faster but can be blocked and strong attacks which
are slower but can go through blocks and...

But then they have left out important things like Crouch, and tried to make things
work with too small number of buttons and make everything easy or something by
making various things happen automatically and in way they believed people want
to and in situations where they believed they be needed... But their beliefs are not
going to go hand in hand with reality... those simplifications/automatizations which
are meant to make things easier are going to turn upside down and become then
the hard/impossible obstacles to smooth gameplay...

I have to dissagree, if you want 'complicated' controls get it on PC and set your own button config, its set perfect for console and i honestly can not see any other way that they could of pulled it off... imho they have did a great job.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 20, 2010, 11:00:42 AM
I have to dissagree, if you want 'complicated' controls get it on PC and set your own button config, its set perfect for console and i honestly can not see any other way that they could of pulled it off... imho they have did a great job.

Maybe... It maybe as "perfect" as it can on consoles I suppose... (I don't really know)
But I am not getting it on any console... I am getting it for PC of course... ::)

And I don't want complicated controls... I just want the controls... I want to be able
to do the things I should be able to... How I want, Where I want and When I want...
And not be dictated by some automatic system that is supposed to "guess" what I
want and then do those things for me... (And fail in that "guess" almost every time)

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: AJL on Jan 20, 2010, 11:23:31 AM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 20, 2010, 11:00:42 AM

Maybe... It maybe as "perfect" as it can on consoles I suppose... (I don't really know)
But I am not getting it on any console... I am getting it for PC of course... ::)

And I don't want complicated controls... I just want the controls... I want to be able
to do the things I should be able to... How I want, Where I want and When I want...
And not be dictated by some automatic system that is supposed to "guess" what I
want and then do those things for me... (And fail in that "guess" almost every time)

Then my advice would be dont get the game, if you feel so strongley against it, it wil only get worse for you after playing it for a few hours..

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

not be dictated by some automatic system that is supposed to "guess" what I
want and then do those things for me

what are you referring to specifically there?
which bits did you feel took away control when you played it?

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: S.Y.L on Jan 20, 2010, 11:54:20 AM
not be dictated by some automatic system that is supposed to "guess" what I
want and then do those things for me

what are you referring to specifically there?
which bits did you feel took away control when you played it?

i Think he means the 'Press X to Stealth kill' stuff, i dont see his problem personaly.. but hay, some people just complain for the hell of it... ::)

Brother

S.Y.L

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

TWICE!!! THANKS TWICE!!! Lolastic!

Corporal Lewis Hicks

AJL

AJL

Are there any screenshots or video clips with the smartgun... ?
( 1st view... and the targeting screen )

ikarop

ikarop

Nope sorry.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: AJL on Jan 20, 2010, 03:13:31 PM

I want to see some screens and video clips of the smart gun see the design and the targeting screen. Hopefully we will see some soon.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Jan 20, 2010, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: AJL on Jan 20, 2010, 03:13:31 PM

I want to see some screens and video clips of the smart gun see the design and the targeting screen. Hopefully we will see some soon.

I agree we've seen pretty much everything else except the smartgun and the sniperifle. Maybe there's a weapon thats single player only perhaps? Sounds dumb but has happend (AVP1 predator spear).

AJL

AJL

And now we seen the smartgun too... and heard it... and its sound certainly isn't impressive.
(Still would like to see that targeting overlay thing...)

Matt

Matt

Well, as long as it "feels" right, i can live with that sounds. Sounds a bit more powerful that that sound in the trailer where we see in 3d person view.

Maybe there's some room to improve this, when modding will be possible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed