The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,189 times)

Brother

Brother

How fast enemies react and how well they aim is the AI. You wouldn't want to play the campaign on easy and the AI alien to be standing there and be acting dumb (reacting slower/attacking you later). Though the better aiming can apply against AI preds and marines because of the long range attacks, but still they shouldn't spot you later and react slower or run around before they start shooting.

Zephon

Zephon

Why not? That's the whole point behind making a game "easier".

Puks

Puks

I'd like the difficulty to have an effect on the number of enemies, rather than their strength.

Now that would make things interesting.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Zephon on Jan 17, 2010, 10:22:08 PM
Why not? That's the whole point behind making a game "easier".
i dont think so, enemies doing less damage and you dealing more is the best way to make the game easier, that way every player is still effectively playing the game properly.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I always like the idea of Difficulties changing the amount of enemies, their strategy, how much damage they inflict and their react time. But not how much damage you inflict on them, that is something thats is better in an RPG.

Puks

Puks

QuoteBut not how much damage you inflict on them

This. It felt sooo retarded in AvP2 on Hard. Playing as an alien, you had to tail hit a pred at least 100 times to kill him. Same for the marine campaign - the pred you face had a ridiculous amount of HP.

Brother

Brother

I don't want to see my enemies acting dumb on any difficulty. They can figure out the rest.

"It has an awesome AI but you have to play on a harder difficulty to see it"

vess

vess

why is there still only one trailer for this game on xbox live? Is it the same for psn?

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

You know I was thinkin the same thing, all these awsome trailers and the only one xboxlive has is the same E3 predator trailer?!?! I think a badass trailer would be if they did a multiplayer trailer showing all the modes and maybe a few selectable skins. Itching to play surviver mode sounds like a blast.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Jan 18, 2010, 04:50:16 AM
You know I was thinkin the same thing, all these awsome trailers and the only one xboxlive has is the same E3 predator trailer?!?! I think a badass trailer would be if they did a multiplayer trailer showing all the modes and maybe a few selectable skins. Itching to play surviver mode sounds like a blast.

I think they will release some of the more recent trailers alongside the demo.

UltimateBadass

UltimateBadass

There are two trailers on the PS3.

Alien and Marine.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Maxwell on Jan 18, 2010, 05:43:33 AM

Alien and Marine.

they added them?   Cause last I seen they only had the Predator one.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: affinity on Jan 18, 2010, 06:38:26 AM
Quote from: Maxwell on Jan 18, 2010, 05:43:33 AM

Alien and Marine.

they added them?   Cause last I seen they only had the Predator one.

I think he means in Europe.

vess

vess

It just seems to me that  the vast majority of xbox players receive most of their media regarding upcoming games through the marketplace. Releasing the rest of the trailers there would at least give a reason to even download the demo when that eventually comes out. If they don't get magazines and don't look up games on the internet, then how else will they be informed enough and encouraged to give the demo a shot?

affinity

affinity

word will spread quickly.   People normally check and try demos before they check for new trailers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed