The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,179 times)

tigerija

tigerija

Like that would kill him...

AJL

AJL

Quote from: OiScout on Jan 11, 2010, 11:07:10 PM
Quote from: AJL on Jan 11, 2010, 12:45:34 PM
But basic Claw "slashes" and blocking"anims (arms crossed) look pretty bad...

Yea, I was thinking they should do the standard boxing cover up.  Unless the Predator already has that one.

Pred blocking with his wristblades looks fine in 1st person view...
Not so great in 3rd person view though...

But I don't think I really like this blocking stuff anyway...
Certainly for aliens it feels out of place...

Some dodging function might be more fitting...

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Pred blocking looks fine to me. Nevertheless, I would have preferred some sort of different blocking animation for the alien, indeed. Dunno.. something most.. alien?.

Brother

Brother

I'd preferred no blocking, back away and attack again.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I think you can only block light melee attacks. So you'll look pretty silly spamming blocks if your opponent whacks you with their tail, a nasty wristblade uppercut or shoots you.

The new gameplay videos look amazing, I'm so stoked for this game.
Agreed that the Alien first-person melee anims need work, but I don't have any problem with the concept of them blocking. The critter in Alien 3 did it when Ripley went at it with a pipe, if I remember rightly.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: Brother on Jan 12, 2010, 10:18:44 AM
I'd preferred no blocking, back away and attack again.

You already can do it -> That's called backward button/key a.k.a don't use it then :P

Brother

Brother

No blocking AT ALL in the game.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

I don't agree on that. And I do want combos a la Mortal Kombat as well in the future.

Brother

Brother

What do you think a wrist blade swipe (or 2) will do on those awesome looking x-crossed karate style hands? Maybe it's just my play style but that attack looks quite strong, Eidotemit mentioned the spear is even stronger, so I wouldn't stick around in front of him just because I can block. Shaq style!1

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

lets not forget aliens have exo-skeletons so there arms would be pritty sturdy.. i mean they rip apart metal doors, but then if the wristblades could cut an Aliens head in half then maybe it is silly putting a block in, im not sure.. i think ill have to wait to play it for myself to decide..

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: Brother on Jan 12, 2010, 10:55:59 AM
What do you think a wrist blade swipe (or 2) will do on those awesome looking x-crossed karate style hands? Maybe it's just my play style but that attack looks quite strong, Eidotemit mentioned the spear is even stronger, so I wouldn't stick around in front of him just because I can block. Shaq style!1

I'll be glad to test the mechanics of this feature, as much and as often as you like, in one or more online games.
As long as I have not personally played this game alive, and considering that it is still subject to changes due that it has not gone gold yet, aloow me to reserve any further comment regarding this issue.

Thanks.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 12, 2010, 01:16:07 PM
Quote from: Brother on Jan 12, 2010, 10:55:59 AM

I'll be glad to test the mechanics of this feature, as much and as often as you like, in one or more online games.
As long as I have not personally played this game alive, and considering that it is still subject to changes due that it has not gone gold yet, aloow me to reserve any further comment regarding this issue.

Thanks.

we will not see such game changing changes this late in development, not without a release date change.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

You may be right about this, even though you really know that the ones who know for sure are the guys at Rebellion. So there's light at the end of the retail tunnel. Well, at least there's one candle.. :)

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Alien HEADBITING Alien

If someone hasn't noticed, at 1:40-1:43 look at the upper left corner you will see another tv with someone playing as the alien.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

No!.. lol  :D

Edit: 2:14 --> Ouch and how cool, man !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed