The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,196 times)

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: AJL on Jan 10, 2010, 09:33:18 AM
In almost all the videos it seems like the players are just running in circles shooting,
slashing, ... at things that cross their path... running into walls, falling of from places,
no signs of any kind of sneaking, stalting, ... nothing...

Why might this be ??

A. Because they are playing at some event and there are other people breathing
down their necks...

B. Because they are playing FPS game on Console and this is simple the best you
can expect...

C. Because those playing are "hardcore" PC players trying to play on console...

D. Because there is something seriously wrong with the controls...

E. ...

I'd say A. and also taking the game with a "generic FPS" approach.
So they don't try to use their abilities much. They probably haven't played the other AvP games.

Drone23

Drone23

That last Alien video looked great, the speed of the alien is jaw dropping... as said the reason we have yet to see much stalking is due to the location their playing in, people waiting in line to play, you get a turn and you just start bolting around trying to get as much action/killin in as possible..

When the games released we will see montages of true stalking, multi kills, kill streaks... can't wait..

safetyman

safetyman

Yeah, I think you can chalk it up to the fact that it's an unconventional FPS with a lot of elements that affect gameplay, people are all around you so you can't get a peaceful moment like you can at home, plus the inaccuracy of a controller versus what you actually want it to do.

Brother

Brother

In almost all the videos it seems like the players are just running in circles shooting,
slashing, ... at things that cross their path... running into walls, falling of from places,

Why might this be ??

I'd say because it's AvP and this was expected for the MP.

WaaX

tigerija

tigerija

Why might this be ??

down their necks...

can expect...

E. ...

Because its Deathmatch so you dont have time to paly as real race. Only thing you can is run and kill. You die, you respawn, so there isnt any real reason to play slowly and tactically coz fast players will have advantage.
This will for sure take away experience to play as the race as it should feel like. I dont like this. Way to fast.

I hope there is opinion to turn lifes to 0, so when you die you need to wait for the next round. This way people would think before reach, coz they will have to wait for their next chance.
For me deathmatch is last interesting mode, it can be fun, but not for long.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Quote from: tigerija on Jan 10, 2010, 06:34:40 PM

Why might this be ??

down their necks...

can expect...

E. ...

Because its Deathmatch so you dont have time to paly as real race. Only thing you can is run and kill. You die, you respawn, so there isnt any real reason to play slowly and tactically coz fast players will have advantage.
This will for sure take away experience to play as the race as it should feel like. I dont like this. Way to fast.

I hope there is opinion to turn lifes to 0, so when you die you need to wait for the next round. This way people would think before reach, coz they will have to wait for their next chance.

I agree Team dm  or Mixed team Dm without respawn is the way to go

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: AMC_Duke on Jan 10, 2010, 06:36:59 PM
Quote from: tigerija on Jan 10, 2010, 06:34:40 PM

Why might this be ??

down their necks...

can expect...

E. ...

I agree Team dm  or Mixed team Dm without respawn is the way to go

It mainly depends with who you're playing.
I have no problem by being stealthy, etc. in TDM since you know in return other people will do the same.
I had some amazing game on AVP2, very long and everything was some cat & mouse hunt. This just require some people who "understand the movie vision" and forget for a time the "stupid geek player" attitude.
It's rare nowadays, but few does.

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jan 10, 2010, 06:44:08 PM

I have no problem by being stealthy, etc. in TDM since you know in return other people will do the same.
I had some amazing game on AVP2, very long and everything was some cat & mouse hunt. This just require some people who "understand the movie vision" and forget for a time the "stupid geek player" attitude.

There is a difference between understanding and appreciating. Just because you like to play like that, doesn't mean it's the right way to play.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: safetyman on Jan 10, 2010, 06:51:45 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Jan 10, 2010, 06:44:08 PM

There is a difference between understanding and appreciating. Just because you like to play like that, doesn't mean it's the right way to play.

Right ways doesn't exist.
The only thing you can do is to find people who will "share" with you their gaming experience as close as yours if you want a decent game.
Personally I ain't spaming nade, plasma and such weapons. I do appreciate people who like me do that.
It doesn't mean It's good or bad, just a personal opinion.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Spamming nades, plasma, stagger = noob.  Just my opinion. If I play as an alien, I try to behave as it is in the movies.  It's my style of playing.

Brother

Brother

Don't forget to add crouching and bunny hopping.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Oh yes and I heard theres hopping too in this next game. :P

Brother

Brother

It shouldn't be a problem if they make the hit boxes accurate and if you must wait a bit between two jumps.

Shardik

Shardik

I dont think this has been posted yet, another new video BOO YA KASHA.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed