The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,175 times)

Brother

Brother

Yup, the "pure" team servers will probably be the most popular. Though I'm still waiting for them to announce Evac.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

thank god you can disable weapons in the new AvP  thumps up !

JayHy17

JayHy17

So do we know almost every detail about this game or is there still a bunch of stuff we dont know?

-MP modes
-Weapons
-Campaign length
-MP customizing/skins

Brother

Brother

They said there are 7 modes, they've only announced 4 so far.
We haven't seen all of the weapons.
The campaign length was said to be 3-4 hours per specie.
They announced the pre-order bonus skins and we saw several others in the MP footage, there are probably more.

JayHy17

JayHy17

I sure hope the Marine campaign is longer than 3 or 4 hours...

Drone23

Drone23

A few things I noticed in that interview... the Predator picture behind him shows the Predator using only one wrist blade, and that the clock is counting Down in the Survival Co-op mode, what happens when it ticks down?  ???

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Drone23 on Jan 06, 2010, 05:42:59 PM
A few things I noticed in that interview... the Predator picture behind him shows the Predator using only one wrist blade, and that the clock is counting Down in the Survival Co-op mode, what happens when it ticks down?  ???

oh man co-op better not have a time limit.

Maybe when it runs out, the players win that round, and then next round begins with more waves of enemies.    at least that's how the timer works in Uncharted 2.  No wait, it didn't have a timer, it was based on killing a set amount of enemies.

JayHy17

JayHy17

Do we know how many different maps co op will have???

Drone23

Drone23

No idea yet, would be great if we could choose what map to hold on, but I see it being a select few if not 1 with the release, Zombie mode on Cod WaW came with 1 map on release and it was great, eventually they released 3 more maps, so maybe we will see something like that.

Hopefully we get more than 1 map to play co-op on..

I feel 3-4 hours is long enough per campaign being if set on it's hardest difficulty it would take possibly double that time, I always start my games on the hardest setting availible.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: JayHy17 on Jan 06, 2010, 06:07:54 PM

it should support all the maps used for MP.   

I mean, it would make sense to design all MP maps to have spots for a.i. aliens to spawn from for co-op.

That would be whack if there are only a few exclusive maps for co-op.   as fun as 4 player co-op will be,
a limitation of supported maps for co-op would lessen its replay value. 

People would just go back to Species Deathmatch, or even Infestation for a co-op feeling with more maps to choose from.

it's been 10 years but I think AVP Gold, co-op could be played in all maps I think.   No wait, I think it was limited.  Ah not sure. 

oh wait here it is!  Pulls out AVP Gold addendum:

Sewer, Jockey, Hive, Leadworks, Hadley's Hope, Meat Factory, Nostromo, Subway, Elevator, Lab14,
and Compound support co-op.

Massacre, Statue and Office do not.

IF AVP3 is something like that, with the vast majority of MP maps supporting co-op, then that is sweet.

JayHy17

JayHy17

Quote from: affinity on Jan 06, 2010, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: JayHy17 on Jan 06, 2010, 06:07:54 PM

it should support all the maps used for MP.   

I mean, it would make sense to design all MP maps to have spots for a.i. aliens to spawn from for co-op.

That would be whack if there are only a few exclusive maps for co-op.   as fun as 4 player co-op will be,
a limitation of supported maps for co-op would lessen its replay value. 

People would just go back to Species Deathmatch, or even Infestation for a co-op feeling with more maps to choose from.

it's been 10 years but I think AVP Gold, co-op could be played in all maps I think.   No wait, I think it was limited.  Ah not sure. 

oh wait here it is!  Pulls out AVP Gold addendum:

Sewer, Jockey, Hive, Leadworks, Hadley's Hope, Meat Factory, Nostromo, Subway, Elevator, Lab14,
and Compound support co-op.

Massacre, Statue and Office do not.

IF AVP3 is something like that, with the vast majority of MP maps supporting co-op, then that is sweet.

It would be sick to see all the MP maps supporting co op but i doubt that will be the case. like Drone 23 said, cod WaW came with one zombie map and it wasnt even a map in MP. then dlc came and it was like a totally different game... Actually, they did use "Assylum" for one dlc zombie map... for me this whole game is about the Marine, lets hope they add a lot of co op maps.

affinity

affinity

CoD WaW is not a good example since Infinity Ward are a piece of **** overrated developer just like Bungie.
They couldn't even provide a decent co-op experience.    Just look at MW2, they cancelled the zombie co-op mode people enjoyed in WaW despite being so small in variety.

Rebellion is a totally different and I think if they still got as much dedication as before with map modes support, co-op in AVP3 might be supported in most of the MP maps.    Maybe even the 4 special edition maps too. 

Giger_Incubator

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: affinity on Jan 06, 2010, 06:47:04 PM
CoD WaW is not a good example since Infinity Ward are a piece of **** overrated developer just like Bungie.
They couldn't even provide a decent co-op experience.    Just look at MW2, they cancelled the zombie co-op mode people enjoyed in WaW despite being so small in variety.

Rebellion is a totally different and I think if they still got as much dedication as before with map modes support, co-op in AVP3 might be supported in most of the MP maps.    Maybe even the 4 special edition maps too.

Infinity Ward didn't do COD:WAW.

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

1.) Deathmatch.

2.) Team Deathmatch

3.) Mixed Team Deathmatch.

4.) Survival ( 4 Player Co-Op)

5.) Predator Hunt

6.) Infestation

7.) ? ? ? ?

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Jan 06, 2010, 06:51:07 PM

Infinity Ward didn't do COD:WAW.

well whoever it was.  I don't like CoD games. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed