The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,187 times)

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

I wonder how a 100% Alien team would be able to hold an area when there are Predators and Marines approaching, spamming nades, plasma caster and stuff.  :P

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Drone23 on Jan 04, 2010, 11:38:41 AM
Wow! a conquest mode in AvP? that's going to be awesome... I wonder how they will work it out, 3 teams after 3 flags, or two teams of mixed species.

Depends on the system they're using, there are several different varieties of map-control gametypes out there (it's unlikely that it'd use flags though - that's CTF and is very different).

The more simplistic one is to have a small number of static nodes on a map, which any team can capture, each node giving the possessing team more points the longer they're able to hold it; most points wins (like Unreal Tournament's Domination gametype). Using this method, there's no need for mixed teams, because map design isn't too much of an issue - players spawn in random locations, you could even play it on modified deathmatch maps.

The other and more widely used method is a network of linked nodes stretching across the map (as in Battlefield's Conquest mode and UT's Onslaught gametype). This map-control system requires completely bespoke maps because each team must have a starting base, but it's a lot more fun because it feels more like a war, with a definite battle line at the conflicted nodes.
It wouldn't surprise me, if they're using this map-control system, if there are two mixed-species teams. Partly because it's never been done with more than two teams before, but more importantly because this gametype is very labour-intensive to map for, and having to think about a third team would make it vastly more tricky.
I suppose they could have a server option to select two same-species teams, but I don't see this being the default option. When you've worked like a mofo to craft three finely balanced species, you don't want to exclude one from each map of a major gametype.

:edit: But I don't know myself. I heard about Conquest the same way as Eldritch.

Eldritch

Eldritch

I've been told it looked like UT's Domination mode.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Eldritch on Jan 04, 2010, 03:00:00 PM
I've been told it looked like UT's Domination mode.

That would certainly make a lot more sense. Much, much easier to map for.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Puks on Jan 05, 2010, 03:26:32 AM
IMO, it would've probably worked fantastically for an AvP movie. Too bad FOX are retards and put the franchise on Earth with no USCM.. not to mention giving it to incompetent filmmakers.

I know. It could have been SO much better if it was in space.
Anyways I found this new trailer that but put together by a fan. Its 2 minutes 14 seconds and it includes most of the trailers combined.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDcuVmUGa1w

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 05, 2010, 04:11:41 AM
IMO, it would've probably worked fantastically for an AvP movie. Too bad FOX are retards and put the franchise on Earth with no USCM.. not to mention giving it to incompetent filmmakers.

Anyways I found this new trailer that but put together by a fan. Its 2 minutes 14 seconds and it includes most of the trailers combined.

Using the most cliche trailer music of all time.

Giger_Incubator

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 05, 2010, 06:39:44 AM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 05, 2010, 04:11:41 AM

Using the most cliche trailer music of all time.

Also the editing sucked.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

I like the fan made video Chris!(($$))! posted on here. Is as good as decent job, IMO.

Those who are beating it may post something better and made by their selves, right?.

3volved

3volved

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 05, 2010, 06:28:28 PM
I like the fan made video Chris!(($$))! posted on here. Is as good as decent job, IMO.

Those who are beating it may post something better and made by their selves, right?.

I hate when people say that, if you say someone sucks at something then they say well lets see you do it! Just because they suck at it doesnt mean youre saying that youre any better, it just means that they suck.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Just to make sure everyone knows. I did not make the video. I just thought it was an okay fan trailer that took parts from all the trailers. I know that music is cliche trailer music but its like that because its not bad.

dude63

dude63

It was decent..the editing isn't too bad..but the...music..lmao. I still like the tune..but come on.

ikarop

ikarop

Interview featuring Alex Moore and Jason Kingsley.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

YAY!!! new vid.
realy hope we see a Demo before the end of the month..

Brother

Brother

Team DM mixed teams!

Shardik

Shardik

My thought exactly Brother. Though Im sure there are gonna be the die hards that only play aliens vs preds vs humans, these are the servers I will likely stick to for the most part. Though 4 humans linked with 2-3 preds vs 10 or so aliens  or something along those lines might be interesting

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed