The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,179 times)

affinity

affinity

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 03, 2010, 03:57:51 PM
Then they should sell us skins or SP missions or something. Not things that will segregate the multiplayer community.

Maps are universallly more useful than more skins.  Besides they are already offering 3 more skins if you pre-order.

If the multiplayer community is segregated that's because casuals are too cheap to want the expanded multiplayer experience. 

They don't deserve to play with us if they are too cheap and dumb to understand how business works.   They've been spoiled by the moments companies handed out free stuff, they really don't value the work put into this extra content.

only the ones willing to pay extra deserve the extra maps.  If it weren't for these edition deals, we would have no option but having 4 less maps than what we could have gotten. 

People should see it from the developer side of things.  Lots of time and testing were put into those extra maps too.    And they cost extra because they are extra content.

ballz2walls

ballz2walls

Thats all fine and good unless you cannot afford extra maps. Alot of people are not able to get maps or extra content even if they want to. I for one think they do deserve to play with me and everyone else. With that said the studios do need to make money and its fine to charge for them but don't bash the poor people.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: ballz2walls on Jan 03, 2010, 06:24:09 PM
Thats all fine and good unless you cannot afford extra maps. Alot of people are not able to get maps or extra content even if they want to. I for one think they do deserve to play with me and everyone else. With that said the studios do need to make money and its fine to charge for them but don't bash the poor people.

I'm not bashing them, it's just the fact of life.   There are many who can't afford a TV, or home,
or a car, many don't even have a console,  but will PCs and consoles and breakfast be handed to them for free? 

People are ranting about something that will not change. They will have to purchase a special edition for those maps if they want them.   And later on maybe even have to buy them as DLC if they still want them, so they shouldn't be surprised about that either.

Free content if that is what the companies want is also based on how successful its sales are, for a company with tight budgets,  Sega and Rebellion can't afford to hand things out for free,
especially since Rebellion has yet to get high scores, awards and high sales from a game they made this generation.

Their need for money from AVP probably will determine their future.   That's why AVP has been their longest and biggest task these past years.   They gotta be successful before they can think about rewarding the consumers with free goodies.  That's why paying extra for the editions results in the reward of downloading those 4 maps.  It's a "thank you" for placing extra investment in their product.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: affinity on Jan 03, 2010, 06:13:52 PM
Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 03, 2010, 03:57:51 PM
Then they should sell us skins or SP missions or something. Not things that will segregate the multiplayer community.

Maps are universallly more useful than more skins.  Besides they are already offering 3 more skins if you pre-order.

If the multiplayer community is segregated that's because casuals are too cheap to want the expanded multiplayer experience. 

They don't deserve to play with us if they are too cheap and dumb to understand how business works.   They've been spoiled by the moments companies handed out free stuff, they really don't value the work put into this extra content.

only the ones willing to pay extra deserve the extra maps.  If it weren't for these edition deals, we would have no option but having 4 less maps than what we could have gotten. 

People should see it from the developer side of things.  Lots of time and testing were put into those extra maps too.    And they cost extra because they are extra content.

This guy  doesn't get it does he? Beyond help...

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Brother on Jan 03, 2010, 06:35:56 PM

This guy  doesn't get it does he? Beyond help...

Instead of looking down on someone, you would back up your words with reasons instead of talking like a mumbling spectator.

Brother

Brother

Buddeh, you have been doing that all the time.

Once more you call the people who DON'T WANT or CAN'T AFFORD the shiny stuff - cheap or dumb or less fans than others and they don't deserve to play. How lame is that?

You - the master of business should realize that the price of the 4 maps does not equal the bigger price you pay for the special edition.

Also the basics in economy - lower price = higher demand, and, higher price = lower demand.

zomgmoneyrapeorgies

affinity

affinity

and despite that, this isn't the first time people are confronted with the situation of missing out on more maps because they can't/refuse to pay. 

Most who buy the regular version will still get enjoyment out of the multiplayer without the extra maps, plenty of cases where people are like that.

Take Versus mode for Resident Evil 5, people ranted it should have been on the disk, but people bought it
anyway.  And those that didn't just played regular Mercs mode online.

I take back my unfair bashing, but the reality still stands that it's already been decided what the rules
for obtaining the 4 extra Maps will be.   We don't know how they will be handled as DLC down the road,
but whether charged or free, this isn't going to harm the community one bit.

On RS:V and MGO, I played in lobbies where people didn't get the other maps, and that's okay, because even the ones that buy the extra maps will eventually come back to the Disk Maps as well.   So the community is still connected by those maps. 

Chances are the AVP disk has double the maps the extra maps number.  8 or more.  That leaves plenty
more reasons for regular and special edition players to play together sometimes.

A55tricky

A55tricky

i'm personally really tired of DLC. most of the stuff should already be on the disk. the fact that most dlc is completed before the game realease is ridiculous and i feel is underminding, and ripping off gamers. you already have to pay 60$ for apparently an uncompleted game then have to pay more for the content that should have already been there. and everyone gets excited about it like it's a good thing. what is going on?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: affinity on Jan 03, 2010, 07:28:19 PM
Chances are the AVP disk has double the maps the extra maps number.  8 or more.  That leaves plenty
more reasons for regular and special edition players to play together sometimes.

Apparently there's 18.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Jan 03, 2010, 07:41:02 PM
i'm personally really tired of DLC. most of the stuff should already be on the disk. the fact that most dlc is completed before the game realease is ridiculous and i feel is underminding, and ripping off gamers. you already have to pay 60$ for apparently an uncompleted game then have to pay more for the content that should have already been there. and everyone gets excited about it like it's a good thing. what is going on?

It's just the way business works these days, people can either accept it or miss out on extra content.   

They are calling the shots, so as someone who isn't a heavy spender and has extra money to spend,
I refuse to miss out on those maps since they will deliver a more complete MP selection.   That's a
more rewarding decision for me instead of throwing a fit and being all like "well I'm not buying their product at all if they are gonna do this."   There is a market for DLC content and that's why more
companies are doing it since it works.   

It's kind of like MMORPGS fees back then they were free, but then Everquest started charging people
and now almost all major mmorpgs charge money for their service. 

Same with Xbox Live.  they charge money to play games online and now PS3 will be starting to charge
money for extra services even though I think online play will still be free.

It's simply the way things are and unless you start a revolution, nothing about it will change.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: affinity on Jan 03, 2010, 07:52:16 PM
Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Jan 03, 2010, 07:41:02 PM

It's just the way business works these days, people can either accept it or miss out on extra content.   

They are calling the shots, so as someone who isn't a heavy spender and has extra money to spend,
I refuse to miss out on those maps since they will deliver a more complete MP selection.   That's a
more rewarding decision for me instead of throwing a fit and being all like "well I'm not buying their product at all if they are gonna do this."   There is a market for DLC content and that's why more
companies are doing it since it works.   

It's kind of like MMORPGS fees back then they were free, but then Everquest started charging people
and now almost all major mmorpgs charge money for their service. 

Same with Xbox Live.  they charge money to play games online and now PS3 will be starting to charge
money for extra services even though I think online play will still be free.

It's simply the way things are and unless you start a revolution, nothing about it will change.

Or it could be that the designers who do the maps and stuff, probably finished their part a while ago, and as such, have been tasked with designing DLC, whilst the game went through the finishing touches and testing.

They havnt even said when the maps will be released, all anybody knows is that the CODE to download to dlc for free comes with the special editions. The maps might not be out until a month after release.

affinity

affinity

I agree what you say expect the When the maps will be downloadable part.   Unless the plan is handled sloppy, they would have the maps ready for download on the very day the game is sold.   I think they would want to avoid the frustration S.E. buyers get if they come home and can't download the maps yet.

Buying directly from PSN Store would probably be locked for sometime if they want to convince more people to buy the S.E. before the maps are available for direct purchase online.     

But in my experience, exclusive DLC for pre-orders and special editions have been available for download same day.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

I just can say if i like the Multiplayer i will buy Multiplayer DLC  i wil lget the Hunter Edition aswell and i dont care if it costs if its good

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Vertigo on Jan 03, 2010, 07:43:03 PM
Quote from: affinity on Jan 03, 2010, 07:28:19 PM

Apparently there's 18.

That could been a mix up with the max amount of players being 18. BUT if it is 18, awesome.

affinity

affinity

I think 18 refers to player limit.   

I would like to imagine it has 18 maps but in my experience I have yet to encounter a shooter that offers over 12 maps right out of the box.  (Rainbow Six Vegas had I think 10-14.  Ah its been years.  I don't play CoD but I think those have about 14 maps.  It's sickening that Uncharted 2 only has like 7-8 maps.
Timesplitters games had a couple, but they had in-game mapmaker so that bumps up the number.)

but even if AVP only has 10 maps, the 4 extra maps bumps that up to a healthy 14.
And if its 12 maps, the S.E. will raise that to 16.   And if it has 16 maps, the S.E. will raise that to 20! 

Ahhh to be safe I'm only expecting about 8 maps on the disk.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed