The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,222 times)

heady89

heady89

I think their whole concept of adding 4 extra maps in the Limited Editions is kinda lame slash stupid. You otto expect stuff like steelbook and behind the scenes but gameplay stuff should always be equal and what makes it even worse is that its on release date.

affinity

affinity

instead of whining just reserve one of the special editions for yourself. there is PLENTY OF TIME.

Plus it's fair business. those who are willing to pay for the more pricey editions deserve those extra maps.
Anyone who wants to experience AVP at its fullest selection day 1, will buy one of the two special editions.
I remember almost everyone on Metal Gear Online bought the expansion maps cause they knew they would miss out on the full selection if they don't have the maps the others do.   

The game shouldn't be limited just because some are too cheap to fork extra cash for the maps,
when the maps are DLC, people will have to buy them anyway.  It's how normal business works.  You
get what you pay for.

Some may argue that those maps should be on the disk, but whatever the reason, the fact still stands
that if you want those maps, you are better off buying a special edition.   Simple as that.
   ;D

The community will not be destroyed because of this, on the contrary, it gives the game immediate room to expand in map selection and therefore multiplayer variety for those willing to buy a special edition.  So overall the people who buy into it will have extra fun.     ;D

Seriously, it's been about 10 years since AvPGold, it wouldn't hurt to pay 80 even 100 dollars on a game
that will last for a long time online.   If you don't think the maps are worth that much, then no one is forcing you to buy those editions, but if you really into multiplayer those extra maps are a must for any
true AVP gamer fan.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: affinity on Jan 01, 2010, 01:37:36 PM
Anyone who wants to experience AVP at its fullest selection day 1, will buy one of the two special editions.

Wrong. You and I will play the exact same game on day 1.

The game shouldn't be limited just because some are too cheap to fork extra cash for the maps,
when the maps are DLC, people will have to buy them anyway.  It's how normal business works.

Also wrong. Money grows on trees and some people don't like the shiny stuff and that makes them cheap. Nice. Your concept of money and how the business works is funny.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Plus it's fair business. those who are willing to pay for the more pricey editions deserve those extra maps.

Grrr, capitalism.

Seriously, just give everyone the same game. I want to be playing with as many people as possible, not limited due to some marketing scheme.

Some_Guy

Some_Guy

Quote from: affinity on Dec 28, 2009, 09:50:37 AM
It would be interesting if they even reveal the number of maps
before release (that way I can add up the 4 extra maps the editions add to that for a total number).
Hm it just is strange what they will decide to do for January.   They have been promoting it well.
The amount of maps seems to be 18.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Some Guy, where d'ya get that? Can we have the whole article?

Some_Guy

Some_Guy

Sure, http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26513.0

It's the last link on the first post, the one with the *NEW* tag.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Thanks.

heady89

heady89

instead of whining just reserve one of the special editions for yourself. there is PLENTY OF TIME.

I remember almost everyone on Metal Gear Online bought the expansion maps cause they knew they would miss out on the full selection if they don't have the maps the others do.   

when the maps are DLC, people will have to buy them anyway.  It's how normal business works.  You
get what you pay for.

Some may argue that those maps should be on the disk, but whatever the reason, the fact still stands
that if you want those maps, you are better off buying a special edition.   Simple as that.
   ;D

The community will not be destroyed because of this, on the contrary, it gives the game immediate room to expand in map selection and therefore multiplayer variety for those willing to buy a special edition.  So overall the people who buy into it will have extra fun.     ;D

Seriously, it's been about 10 years since AvPGold, it wouldn't hurt to pay 80 even 100 dollars on a game
that will last for a long time online.   If you don't think the maps are worth that much, then no one is forcing you to buy those editions, but if you really into multiplayer those extra maps are a must for any
true AVP gamer fan.

I mean seriously?
I myself have pre ordered the survivor edition yes because i am a fan, how about all the guys or the majority that buys the standard edition?, Just like many here mentioned, doing 4 extra mp maps as a part of exclusive is rather stupid.

I've several friends buying it, their not cheap but their not uber fans and will be buying the standard edition, i stand my ground that gameplay wise it should be equal no matter what version you do buy, especially at release. This is bound to start rage/rumors.. if it was extra SP missions beyond the campaign it would've at least been "okey".

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Personally, I purchase collector editions because of the extra content, as for example, figurines, posters, soundtracks, et cetera. Bad idea to split the multiplayer scene that way.. I've said that already, I do apologize.. or not :)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 01, 2010, 06:45:08 PM
Personally, I purchase collector editions because of the extra content, as for example, figurines, posters, soundtracks, et cetera. Bad idea to split the multiplayer scene that way.. I've said that already, I do apologize.. or not :)

I actually agree. IF the map pack is released for free later on and the bonus you are getting is being able to play on them earlier I think its fair.

Brother

Brother

IF

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Brother on Jan 02, 2010, 10:15:47 AM
IF

Exactly. We will have to wait and see. I am not getting the Hunter Edition for the extra maps. I am getting cause I am a rabid ALIENS fan. If it were my decision give the maps to each edition and make new ones later on that people that bought the Hunter and Survivor edition can get a bit earlier than the rest or just make them come to EVERYONE at the same time.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 02, 2010, 04:21:51 AM
Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 01, 2010, 06:45:08 PM

I actually agree. IF the map pack is released for free later on and the bonus you are getting is being able to play on them earlier I think its fair.

That's like people buying extra dinner plates at the store, and later those extra dinner plates are free to everyone to grab and walk away with.

sigh,  developers need to eat and pay bills too you know?    Not every company is rich like Bungie, and I think even they always charge for new maps.   ;D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Then they should sell us skins or SP missions or something. Not things that will segregate the multiplayer community.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed