The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,222 times)

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: G8RSG1 on Dec 17, 2009, 03:26:41 AM
He said that graphically, it wasn't much of an improvement over the last game. Is he living under a rock? I mean is he really that f**king blind?

I couldn't take him seriously after he said that.

affinity

affinity

all shooter series stick with the same general formula in their series.   

That previewer is definitely a biased gamer.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Brother on Dec 17, 2009, 08:20:31 AM
They said what most people here are saying - I'll play it no mater what, even if it sux. Some of them are probably on our beloved forums.

Very true. I played AvP:E a lot and it was barely that fun. But it was still a interesting attempt at a RTS AvP game. I don't think they gave it enough development time because the AvP movie was coming out the next year and they did not want the two to have a close release date.

affinity

affinity

AVP:E was awesome considering people were starving for anything AVP.  

It was a nice RTS without all the tedious resource management.

RTS freaks would argue that's the point of RTS games but I say screw 'em.   AVP: E was fun focusing more on the squad placement and action and that is a good thing.  all 3 species campaigns were fun.
I think ZONO created it, they also created the Sega Channel back then.

They even made it so smooth selecting units with a controller, just place the cursor, hold and let go
when the circle is large enough to select the ones you want,  very innovative control style
to make RTS feel great on console controller.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: affinity on Dec 20, 2009, 01:43:52 AM
AVP:E was awesome considering people were starving for anything AVP.  

It was a nice RTS without all the tedious resource management.

RTS freaks would argue that's the point of RTS games but I say screw 'em.   AVP: E was fun focusing more on the squad placement and action and that is a good thing.  all 3 species campaigns were fun.
I think ZONO created it, they also created the Sega Channel back then.

They even made it so smooth selecting units with a controller, just place the cursor, hold and let go
when the circle is large enough to select the ones you want,  very innovative control style
to make RTS feel great on console controller.

AVP:E is one of my favorite games still.  The control scheme could be easier, and the Preds feel odd, but the Aliens are what made me buy the game a second time (after I sold it  :() for $25 dollars and without it's original case!

Stalker

Stalker

I don't think this video has been posted up before.

If you look at around 2:17 it appears that the predator is wearing a mask just like The Wolf, I haven't seen that until now.

Elliott

Elliott

Screen cap, please?

Stalker

Stalker

I don't know how to take screen caps, but just watch that video & pause at 2:17. It definitely looks like Wolf's mask.

affinity

affinity

hey it says species balancing can be turned off.

interesting.  so I guess there is a realistic mode? 

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Quote from: Stalker on Dec 20, 2009, 03:27:46 AM
I don't know how to take screen caps, but just watch that video & pause at 2:17. It definitely looks like Wolf's mask.
I dunno who wolf is lol but that's a nice mask. The writing cut into it looks cool.

Elliott

Elliott

Ahhh, that's a nice looking mask; indeed.

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 17, 2009, 02:07:24 AM
Quote from: tigerija on Dec 17, 2009, 01:54:24 AM
Quote from: 3volved on Dec 17, 2009, 01:38:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvI7E6L8xkw @ 2:30 Avp is mentioned if anyone cares  :) should help spread the game quite a bit.

Ho looks like they insulted AvP.

To these guys Halo is everything, I would not take their opinions seriously.
As I was watching, that was exactly what went through my mind. Stupid idiots, why do they get their own show? Who takes these hypocrites seriously anyway?

Huol

Huol

Certainly looks like wolf.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

That Alien got his ass handed to him on a regular basis.

More tail attack! Tail attack!  >:(

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

You know, I'm not a particular fan of AVP:R, but Wolf is my second favorite predator next to anytime. I'm excited about being able to use different masks in MP. I really hope that feature is implemented in SP as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed