The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,215 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Gwonam on Dec 16, 2009, 06:00:15 PM
Not 'appy with telepathic aliens >:(

Its not that unrealistic, might explain the Xenos head size also, think of it like an advanced form of antenna like those on an insect.

Gwonam

Gwonam

Why don't they just use pheromones?

Brother

Brother

Pheromones for communication?

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

.. that would be too... sexy?    j/k :D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

In the second film, it didn't look like telepathy to me. Looked the the verbal equivalent of "back off, I got this" to me.

Brother

Brother

And we gotta mention the AvP movie where the queen was far away from the aliens when she was commanding them.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Maybe its to alert them more directly not to attack Ripley in ALIENS if thats the scene you meant, if she used telepathy she would have possibly been telling the whole Hive not to attack Ripley which would in turn alert some of them of Ripley's presence. I don't think we should look at AvP for things like this or anything but you do have a point.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

We could ask Cameron on this matter :)

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Quote from: Gwonam on Dec 16, 2009, 06:31:17 PM
Might not work to well since there incased in an exoskeleton but i'm unsure.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Dec 17, 2009, 12:26:39 AM

Hmm. I personally like to think the Xenos are perfect and have any and every sense of communication, senses, stuff.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Dec 17, 2009, 12:26:39 AM

If you watch some of the AVP-R blu ray special features where they analyze the Alien, one theory is that they have a combination of an exoskeleton and an endo one. 

But anyway, we're way off topic, I hope this trailer gets here soon.

Shardik

Shardik

K the idea of telepathic aliens kicks ass, and the idea, from my understanding, is that generally have a hive mind with regards to the Queen thus is why the Queen can give 6 orders.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I like the idea better that it's not a hive mind, at least not in the traditional sense. Yes, there is a telepathic link between all Aliens, with the Queen being at the apex, but they have individual intelligence as well. They can function in solitude. Just look at the first film. Hell, in Aliens there were even a few that were operating on their own, without any other Aliens around it.

3volved

3volved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvI7E6L8xkw @ 2:30 Avp is mentioned if anyone cares  :) should help spread the game quite a bit.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 17, 2009, 01:30:12 AM
I like the idea better that it's not a hive mind, at least not in the traditional sense. Yes, there is a telepathic link between all Aliens, with the Queen being at the apex, but they have individual intelligence as well. They can function in solitude. Just look at the first film. Hell, in Aliens there were even a few that were operating on their own, without any other Aliens around it.

Just because there is a hive mind does not mean that the Aliens dont have their own intelligence, of course they do. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed