The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,183 times)

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

I know a little of it:

* Hissss sshshss sihsshhss ihisss hiss hhiss *

But is difficult to pronounce.

PS: And you don't say *sick* this time because of your own imagination

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: The_Silencer on Dec 15, 2009, 10:30:24 AM
I know a little of it:

* Hissss sshshss sihsshhss ihisss hiss hhiss *

But is difficult to pronounce.

PS: And you don't say *sick* this time because of your own imagination

More likely the Aliens use a form of telepathy, probably why the Queen has such a big head, she has a much greater range to communicate with drones outside her hive.  Would also explain how she is talking to you in the game.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

I was just kidding. Although that I'd say I do agrre on that. An alien Queen could work at SETI by just showing her black and shinny big head.. pity he loves to bite though.

Brother

Brother

You can see her in the corner of your screen when she wants to "say" something. You will probably hear a sound but that's it. Maybe a 5 second movie showing her hissing when you are receiving your mission objectives.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

That's cool enough IMO.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 15, 2009, 10:49:52 AM
More likely the Aliens use a form of telepathy, probably why the Queen has such a big head, she has a much greater range to communicate with drones outside her hive.  Would also explain how she is talking to you in the game.
Not canon wise - when Ripley is in her chamber with Nute she hisses at the guard to go away. I guess she was saying something.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

I think Brother points well to that an icon pops-up on the GUI, highlighting to the player that there's communication open between the Queen and him. Then you can hear or not some of hissing SFX but at the end the player will need, at least, some text to know about what's going on.

Brother

Brother

I'd rather have that short movie than the queen head on the screen. If designed correctly she can look nice and juicy in them DX11.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

back to the V.A / subtitles thing then ...

Hollowhero

Hollowhero

dear god i hope my PC can hadnle this game  :'( looks... brilliant

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I am fine with subtitled order for the Xenos. It will be interesting to see how they do it.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Communication between a Queen and her children did look quite telepathic to me in the Aliens movies ( I think it has been said already though ). A combo of hisses and subtitles would be the way ingame, IMO.

Gwonam

Gwonam

Not 'appy with telepathic aliens >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's been in the franchise for aaggggesssssss dude. Aliens sorta insinuated it, the comics took it.

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: Gwonam on Dec 16, 2009, 06:00:15 PM
Not 'appy with telepathic aliens >:(

How about Alien mimes?  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed