The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,177 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: predalien27 on Dec 13, 2009, 12:36:25 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Dec 13, 2009, 12:33:44 AM
How are you so sure?
Corp Hicks said so in a different thread... but he might have been talking about something else.

Indeed. He was talking about the preview this website is going to release after new year's. The one from the Rebellion meeting.

You won't have to wait that much for the trailer though.

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 13, 2009, 12:39:29 AM
I hate the VGAs. It is a shame that such a ridiculous award show gets so much attention and basically destroys the credibility of video games and the credibility of people who play them.
(...)

I'm lost, what do you mean? I think what this show mainly does is bring the hype and expectation of trade shows to gamers via TV.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 12, 2009, 11:17:11 PM
If AvP showed there, it would put the rest of the games to shame :P I'm sure they won't allow that to happen.

I hate the VGAs. It is a shame that such a ridiculous award show gets so much attention and basically destroys the credibility of video games and the credibility of people who play them.

However I'm sure AVP would benefit from making a showing there as it does cater to that audience...
Yea I agree with you, I'm only watching for anything related to AVP, ACM (unlikely), and Resistance 3.
Quote from: ikarop on Dec 13, 2009, 12:43:31 AM
Quote from: predalien27 on Dec 13, 2009, 12:36:25 AM
How are you so sure?
Corp Hicks said so in a different thread... but he might have been talking about something else.

Indeed. He was talking about the preview this website is going to release after new year's. The one from the Rebellion meeting.

You won't have to wait that much for the trailer though.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

How are you so sure?
My swell of crystal told me. It never lies.  ;)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Le Celticant on Dec 13, 2009, 12:52:00 AM
How are you so sure?
My swell of crystal told me. It never lies.  ;)

I suggest you clean your swell of crystal :P.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 13, 2009, 12:53:04 AM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Dec 13, 2009, 12:52:00 AM
How are you so sure?
My swell of crystal told me. It never lies.  ;)

I suggest you to clean your swell of crystal :P.
Done, but it need to reload it's power now so I can't point anything.
Enough of off topic, the show will be available in several minutes on spike.tv. I'll watch it carefully with hope of some new avp trailer even if I don't think there's gonna be anything new.
I guess it will be the basic "There's gonna be an alien fighting a predator this year with a lot of blood. As playing a character you feel to play as a true alien/predator with all the features such as blablabla" the routine.

predalien27

predalien27

hahahaha Jack Black!

newbeing

newbeing

(...)

I'm lost, what do you mean? I think what this show mainly does is bring the hype and expectation of trade shows to gamers via TV.

That's fine and all, but it's really suppose to be celebrating the industry by showcasing the best games of the year and showing respect the developers. Instead we get stars that don't know squat about the history or development process of video games. Also last time I checked the Oscars didn't paint the name of the best motion picture on naked chicks. In other words the VGAs are like school in the summer... no class.

Narwalman007

Narwalman007

hey if u watch Cam footage (6m 35s) Alien gameplay u will see a praetorian
they are huge and awesome

Shardik

Shardik

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 13, 2009, 01:32:27 AM
(...)

That's fine and all, but it's really suppose to be celebrating the industry by showcasing the best games of the year and showing respect the developers. Instead we get stars that don't know squat about the history or development process of video games. Also last time I checked the Oscars didn't paint the name of the best motion picture on naked chicks. In other words the VGAs are like school in the summer... no class.

Honestly though, what do you really expect from Spike TV that basically aims to appeal to the stereotypical dimwitted male. Most TV is tripe anyways and when its being brought to you by spike and sell out celebrities you know its probably tripe, but you can always hope.

affinity

affinity

1:10 I notice there are visible body.  is it also visible if looking down during gameplay?
Looks heck of a lot more realistic than Mirror's Edge.

see look at how it looks in-game and how it should of looked:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9673/mirrorsedge.jpg

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: affinity on Dec 13, 2009, 02:01:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GNaHkh4xw

1:10 I notice there are visible body.  is it also visible if looking down during gameplay?

I think it's true because when you see Alien gameplay, you can notice their legs and the tail.
It's the same for Marine and Predator as any last FPS game.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: affinity on Dec 13, 2009, 02:01:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GNaHkh4xw

The body-view in The Darkness was perfect when looked at.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Its good that way. I am glad they included it. Add immersion to the game too. I wish the CoD series would do it though.

tigerija

tigerija

AvP is just not that fun game for regular people, kids. Most of kids are playing
CoD6: MW2
Left 4 Dead 2
WoW
DotA

Tho I must say dota is quite ok if you dont count the community.

Older people would play games like mechwarrior, maybe new AvP. AvP gold was for kids, due restriction in that time as all other games :) .

There are few games that are worth playing. That arent just brainless fun games.

For example Batman and Resident Evil 5 are worthy games. AvP will probbly go in that category if it proves itself worthy as it looks (it will be all different when tousants of people start playing it=then we will see if game will work well, in MP).

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: tigerija on Dec 13, 2009, 07:46:36 AM
AvP is just not that fun game for regular people, kids. Most of kids are playing
CoD6: MW2
Left 4 Dead 2
WoW
DotA

Tho I must say dota is quite ok if you dont count the community.

Older people would play games like mechwarrior, maybe new AvP. AvP gold was for kids, due restriction in that time as all other games :) .

There are few games that are worth playing. That arent just brainless fun games.

For example Batman and Resident Evil 5 are worthy games. AvP will probbly go in that category if it proves itself worthy as it looks (it will be all different when tousants of people start playing it=then we will see if game will work well, in MP).

how the hell was avp gold for kids?? it was an 18 for god sake... and im 22 and hate mechwarrior..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed