The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,220 times)

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Commander Griker on Dec 02, 2009, 08:40:27 AM
Just preordered AvP for Xbox 360 from Game Stop

what is that in ur sig? are u doing that?

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Inferno on Dec 02, 2009, 05:54:32 PM
Quote from: Commander Griker on Dec 02, 2009, 08:40:27 AM
Just preordered AvP for Xbox 360 from Game Stop

what is that in ur sig? are u doing that?

that's some big ass sig lol XD

PLEXI

PLEXI

Quotewhat is that in ur sig? are u doing that?
It's a modeling software called ZBrush, and it's amazing. Oh so amazing.
Here's the original picture.
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/features/07_brushes/

Vertigo

Vertigo

If it wasn't for demos, I'd never have gotten into the Unreal series, which has been by far the highlight of my gaming life (and it was a multiplayer demo, too). I can't recommend them highly enough.

Same goes for Civilization, Half-Life, Doom 3, Age of Empires, Max Payne, Far Cry, Delta Force and a bunch more I can't remember at the moment. I've literally pumped hundreds of pounds into the games industry because of demos.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Vertigo on Dec 02, 2009, 06:58:11 PM
If it wasn't for demos, I'd never have gotten into the Unreal series, which has been by far the highlight of my gaming life (and it was a multiplayer demo, too). I can't recommend them highly enough.

Same goes for Civilization, Half-Life, Doom 3, Age of Empires, Max Payne, Far Cry, Delta Force and a bunch more I can't remember at the moment. I've literally pumped hundreds of pounds into the games industry because of demos.

Yup demos can make easy decisions also up the percentage of people buying the game.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: PLEXI on Dec 02, 2009, 06:43:10 PM

It was done by Alex Oliver for Legacy Studio, was also used in Sybex's Advanced Character Creation tutorial book.

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: PLEXI on Dec 02, 2009, 06:43:10 PM

looks cool

affinity

affinity

well it should have a Multiplayer demo that has a 10 minute time limit after 10 mins. you can't play it anymore on that PC.

that would help build hype cause people will want to play more.

PLEXI

PLEXI

Quotewell it should have a Multiplayer demo that has a 10 minute time limit after 10 mins. you can't play it anymore on that PC.

that would help build hype cause people will want to play more.
TERRIBLE idea.  I could see maybe a 10 day demo...but even that's absurd.  It would only piss people off, myself included. 

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I have to agree. A limited demo means limited features not limited time. 3 Species Deathmatch is all thats really needed.

affinity

affinity

well a 10 day demo makes sense if the MP demo starts like about a week before release.

not sure how long the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta was, but it was limited release.  now people can't download/use the MP demo anymore, which is a good thing.

I admit when I had a 360, I would play the Marble Blast Ultra multiplayer demo (which is still there),
but never buy the full game.  =P  

though AVP is a must buy, demo or not.

PLEXI

PLEXI

Quotet sure how long the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta was, but it was limited release.  now people can't download/use the MP demo anymore, which is a good thing.
That doesn't work well on PCs, since you would want to test how well the game runs on your rig before shelling out the money for the full thing, post release, for people who are still on the fence.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: PLEXI on Dec 04, 2009, 12:02:38 AM
Quotet sure how long the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta was, but it was limited release.  now people can't download/use the MP demo anymore, which is a good thing.
That doesn't work well on PCs, since you would want to test how well the game runs on your rig before shelling out the money for the full thing, post release, for people who are still on the fence.

That is what I'm doing.  Ig it doesn't run well on my PC, I'm getting it for PS3.

newbeing

newbeing

I'd certainly like a PC demo at least, so I know if my PC can handle the game.

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

I hate time limits. They are good for sport games but not FPSs. Not enough time to experiment/see what bugs there might be.
And people will propably find a way to stop the time limit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed