The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,180 times)

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

wow, i just watched the G4TV marine gameplay (never noticed it before) and man, it looks AMAZING!! Marine all the way, cant wait to be scared s**t-less! hoping for a SP demo before the end of December!

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Dec 01, 2009, 12:16:33 AM
wow, i just watched the G4TV marine gameplay (never noticed it before) and man, it looks AMAZING!! Marine all the way, cant wait to be scared s**t-less! hoping for a SP demo before the end of December!
whats wrong with an mp demo

affinity

affinity

mp demo is unlikely and it would just burn out some of the hype and sales for the full game
since people will be like "been there done that".

There are a lot of cheapasses out there that take advantage of free mp demos but never buy the full
games.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: affinity on Dec 01, 2009, 08:49:28 AM
mp demo is unlikely and it would just burn out some of the hype and sales for the full game
since people will be like "been there done that".

There are a lot of cheapasses out there that take advantage of free mp demos but never buy the full
games.

I don't see your logic.

affinity

affinity

no MP demo would convince more people,

even some of the cheapasses to fork out some cash to play the full version
since they have no other way to try the multiplayer.

History has shown that the most successful FPS sales are not from demos, most of the
successful ones never even release MP demos.

Xhan

Xhan

Funny, cause Quake 3, UT2004/III, l4d/2 and rb6 and CoD say you're wrong.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: affinity on Dec 02, 2009, 03:32:27 AM
no MP demo would convince more people,

even some of the cheapasses to fork out some cash to play the full version
since they have no other way to try the multiplayer.

History has shown that the most successful FPS sales are not from demos, most of the
successful ones never even release MP demos.

L4D sold 2 million copies in two weeks and they release a mp demo. Certainly some modes were off limit, but that's how you hook em to buy the full game.

affinity

affinity

maybe but if the MP demo is not as good as the full version, people might get a bad impression.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Well.. L4D IS a multiplayer game.. no use in releasing a singleplayer demo there...

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Just preordered AvP for Xbox 360 from Game Stop

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Eldritch on Dec 02, 2009, 07:19:39 AM
Well.. L4D IS a multiplayer game.. no use in releasing a singleplayer demo there...

Well we're debating as to whether there is merit in releasing a MP demo, which L4D has done and met success by doing so. Though you can argue that it could be considered a singleplayer demo as well...

affinity

affinity

ah you just want freebies.   :P

Eldritch

Eldritch

I say no demo.. makes it more enjoyable on the day of release.

kvon17

kvon17

If you think a demo will ruin your experience upon release, don't get the demo.

Consumers are much less likely to purchase a product if they are unsure of it's quality. If they don't release a demo, the people who are skeptical of the Bull Shots and odd canon breaking things they put in are not going to purchase it. If they are able to get there hands on a demo and find that it is fun, they'll buy it.

AvP is a VERY multiplayer game. People will be getting it for the purpose of playing online. I think it would be a good idea to market to the multiplayer market.

I'd love a singleplayer demo, but I think a MP demo would allow me to get a better feel as we would be able to play as each species.

newbeing

newbeing

People who play a MP demo are also more likely to invite their friends to try it out, who will then tell their friends and so on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed