The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,234 times)

Eldritch

Eldritch

Corporate Reveal? You play as a civvie? Feasible, but unlikely.

affinity

affinity

civvies are pointless and just roadkill.   

and Corporates would just turn the franchise into another Call of Duty with space guns.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: affinity on Nov 25, 2009, 03:50:14 AM
Predators are muscular.  Aliens are kind of skinny.  it kinda explains why Predators are stronger.

uhhhh you jokin' right?

Sifer2

Sifer2

You know I have watched more of these MP vids now and I am noticing a pattern. They all turn into stealth kill fests. The range of the stealth kill is completely ridiculous like up to 20 feet away from of them. And on top of that the game seems overly generous as to whether they are facing away from you or not. Seen a Marine get stealth killed in a vid even though he was looking right at the Alien the Alien just grabs him, spins him around an "stealth" kills him lol.

I think this probably one of the reasons the Marines seem to do so terribly in all the vids too since they cant do stealth kills. It's just completely upsetting the balance of the game when your constantly getting these "Press square to kill" prompts when your anywhere near an opponent. I really hope stealth kills get a major range reduction. In most games that feature something like this you have to be basically touching the persons back before you can finish them that way.

Brother

Brother

They look cool

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

^

Limit range further, remove prompt.

Xhan

Xhan

Remove ALL the prompts, they're garish and seriously detract.

If someone wants to play in mash button and actually have rebellion play the game for them, great; the option should be there for the rest of us to play in visual peace, and ya know, actually be able to see the game.

PRESS X TO NOT DIE

PRESS X TO NOT DIE

PRESS X TO NOT DIE

PRESS TO NOT DIE

PRESS X TO NOT DIE.

Brother

Brother

I knooooow. rofl

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 25, 2009, 02:48:06 PM
Remove ALL the prompts, they're garish and seriously detract.

If someone wants to play in mash button and actually have rebellion play the game for them, great; the option should be there for the rest of us to play in visual peace, and ya know, actually be able to see the game.

PRESS X TO NOT DIE

PRESS X TO NOT DIE

PRESS X TO NOT DIE

PRESS TO NOT DIE

PRESS X TO NOT DIE.

Yahtzee? That you?

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Sifer2 on Nov 25, 2009, 11:27:07 AM
You know I have watched more of these MP vids now and I am noticing a pattern. They all turn into stealth kill fests. The range of the stealth kill is completely ridiculous like up to 20 feet away from of them. And on top of that the game seems overly generous as to whether they are facing away from you or not. Seen a Marine get stealth killed in a vid even though he was looking right at the Alien the Alien just grabs him, spins him around an "stealth" kills him lol.

I think this probably one of the reasons the Marines seem to do so terribly in all the vids too since they cant do stealth kills. It's just completely upsetting the balance of the game when your constantly getting these "Press square to kill" prompts when your anywhere near an opponent. I really hope stealth kills get a major range reduction. In most games that feature something like this you have to be basically touching the persons back before you can finish them that way.

The range of stealth kills needs to be fixed, yep.

ikarop

ikarop

Brother

Brother

QuoteDon't expect the Marine to be performing any flamboyant takedowns on the powerful and malevolent Aliens and Predators – it would just feel wrong: the Marine is not a superhero, but he is very skilled with his guns...

Quotechoke slam

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Brother on Nov 25, 2009, 06:16:16 PM
QuoteDon't expect the Marine to be performing any flamboyant takedowns on the powerful and malevolent Aliens and Predators – it would just feel wrong: the Marine is not a superhero, but he is very skilled with his guns...

Quotechoke slam

They guy of the "choke-slam" thing article, was talking about the MP avp show...we have seen tons of marine MP gameplay from that show and others, no "choke-slam" on them.

The guy its obviously mistaken. That recent article support that.

Brother

Brother

We didn't see the pred breaking spines on knee kills in the earlier footage and in that one video - O_O! So anything is possible.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Brother on Nov 25, 2009, 06:35:38 PM
We didn't see the pred breaking spines on knee kills in the earlier footage and in that one video - O_O! So anything is possible.

That guy was playing the MP demo, not asking sega about future features.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed