The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,173 times)

Brother

Brother

Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 09:39:26 PM
Where the hell was it ever said ever that the predators were the most advanced civ in the world?
"Pred fan-boy manual"

tigerija

tigerija

Quote from: affinity on Nov 20, 2009, 05:04:39 AM
DM is only fun for 5 minutes.   whereas TDM with no respawns feels great with 30 minutes.  

YES. THAT. Exactly !!

Well, predators dont have honor and shits... well based on Predator 1 movie.
Predator 2 was not accepted by Maker of Predator 1.

Fan made honor. I like honor in that all predator story also. Just stating out the true fact.

Well actually Predator 2 made all that honor thing.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: tigerija on Nov 20, 2009, 10:46:29 PM
DM is only fun for 5 minutes.   whereas TDM with no respawns feels great with 30 minutes.  

YES. THAT. Exactly !!

Fan made honor. I like honor in that all predator story also. Just stating out the true fact.

Predator 1 had honor. otherwise, why would the Predator take off their weapons and fight
Dutch without his mask?   A hunter with no honor wouldn't do that.  That's like a
ranger fighting a boar with their fists/knife instead of a rifle.

Also PREDATOR 2 deserves a lot of credit.
It invented the Combistick weapon.
The Disk of death weapon
the Net gun
the first glimpse of a Predator ship and different kinds of Predators.
MULTIPLE VISION MODES
THE ALIEN HEAD TROPHY THAT INSPIRED THE WHOLE AVP comics and started the crossovers.
and other things.  

tigerija

tigerija

Quote from: affinity on Nov 21, 2009, 02:24:54 AM
Quote from: tigerija on Nov 20, 2009, 10:46:29 PM

YES. THAT. Exactly !!

Predator 1 had honor. otherwise, why would the Predator take off their weapons and fight
Dutch without his mask?   A hunter with no honor wouldn't do that.  That's like a

Also PREDATOR 2 deserves a lot of credit.
It invented the Combistick weapon.
The Disk of death weapon
the Net gun
the first glimpse of a Predator ship and different kinds of Predators.
MULTIPLE VISION MODES
THE ALIEN HEAD TROPHY THAT INSPIRED THE WHOLE AVP comics and started the crossovers.
and other things.  

Ou, ou you got me there, it might be it. But also might be false. WE will see in Predator movie, coz is sequal on Pred1.

Yes I love Predator2, just saying facts.

Yautja117

Yautja117

[/quote]
Wrong. The Comic was already in production in 1989, early 1990. A FX person showed the comic to Winston, whole included it in the trophy shot.

kvon17

kvon17

^^
Yup. The comic came first. Then the they put in the trophy room shot.

CasualGamer

CasualGamer

Also the presumption that not blasting a lone guy in the back with a plasmacaster meaning that the Predator has honor is an unfounded assumption. Desiring a challenge (which goes hand-in-hand with hunting down Green Berets and Special Ops forces) does not mean you are honorable.

Dusk

Dusk

With the difference that a boar could **** you up. Dutch was hopelessly physically outmatched against the Predator. It was like watching a child fight an adult.

Brother

Brother

Another video discussion went in the wrong direction?

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 21, 2009, 08:40:48 AM
Dutch without his mask?   A hunter with no honor wouldn't do that.  That's like a

With the difference that a boar could **** you up. Dutch was hopelessly physically outmatched against the Predator. It was like watching a child fight an adult.

If the adult has no arms or legs and was practically a turtle then maybe the child could have a shot :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CasualGamer on Nov 21, 2009, 06:56:02 AM
Also the presumption that not blasting a lone guy in the back with a plasmacaster meaning that the Predator has honor is an unfounded assumption. Desiring a challenge (which goes hand-in-hand with hunting down Green Berets and Special Ops forces) does not mean you are honorable.

This, oh god, this. Always my point. He wasn't being honorable, he just wanted a good challenge. He was here to hunt after all, get's down to the last guy, why not make it a good fight. Nothing about the Predator is honorable. He uses a cloak and a laser gun. How is that honorable?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2009, 10:38:42 AM

This, oh god, this. Always my point. He wasn't being honorable, he just wanted a good challenge. He was here to hunt after all, get's down to the last guy, why not make it a good fight. Nothing about the Predator is honorable. He uses a cloak and a laser gun. How is that honorable?

Totally agree... it's like Dutch said: "it didn't kill you because you weren't armed - no sport". Not because it's against some moral code, the predator's a sadistic monster.
That said, Predator 2 did throw a spanner in the works when the titular creature decided against killing a pregnant woman, despite her otherwise being a highly viable target. To me, that's the closest thing we've had to a reveal that the whole hunting thing is a major institution of Predator society - it's like there's a rule against it. One Predator isn't going to care if there's going to be one additional fewer prey animal walking the earth as a result of its actions.

That said, I hate the whole "honour" concept with regard to anything militaristic or sadistic. It's a mechanism psychopaths use to justify their actions to themselves. Honour or chivalry is holding the door open for an old lady, or altruistically helping someone who's helped you. Making it harder for you to kill something is just looking for some additional challenge - at the end of the day you're still trying to kill it.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2009, 10:38:42 AM

Challenge, sport , honour ,Who cares? The pred has a "code of conduct" during the hunting. No doubt.

1-The Pred only kill armed humans.
2-In the final figth with Duch, he droped all his weapons and electronic gadgets.
3-Even armed humans are "forgiven" if they are pregnat.
4-The kid with the toy-gun was a perfect example.

QuoteHe uses a cloak and a laser gun. How is that honorable?

During a war, if a sniper killed a infantry guy...he is not being honorable? The sniper has ALL the adventage. The Pred is hunting, if ther prey its armed, "its a war target".

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't say I find war honorable in the least. Necessity, maybe. At times. But no, I wouldn't claim that sniper is honorable. Doing his job/duty, sure. Same as I wouldn't say the Predator in Predator is shown to be honorable. He's out there to have a good time, killing things.

ThePain

ThePain

just look at all the real life hunter, shooting down deer and stuff. they think they are very honorful and wear hunting hats and get medals and shit like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed