The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,191 times)

affinity

affinity

what?   Marines are more likely to kill marines than Predators.  Predators are the most advanced civilization in the universe.  They are above petty internal conflicts and corruption.

In the interview, I was surprised they said you can have a team of A,M,P vs. a pure team of aliens vs.
a pure team of predators.  

That is whack .

There better be filters/rule options to prevent mixed teams.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: affinity on Nov 20, 2009, 04:28:29 AM
what?   Marines are more likely to kill marines than Predators.  Predators are the most advanced civilization in the universe.  They are above petty internal conflicts and corruption.

Yeah, that's why the original AvP comic opens with an internal power struggle.

kvon17

kvon17

not for canon reasons, for fun reasons. If I want to shoot marines as a marine, I'll go play a different fps. And Alien on Alien fights were annoying as hell in AvP2... But preds... I dunno why... but i'm just fine with killing other preds as a pred.

affinity

affinity

Aaaaah!   Preds don't kill preds!    Anyway,  yeah for the sake of fun factor, they gotta add options to
prevent the same species killing each other.  Marine vs Marine is just the same thing we experience in 1000s of other FPSs.   Alien vs Alien makes no sense either unless people want to reexperience their moments with AVP: Extinction RTS.

and Predator vs. Predator is deplorable. there is no honor in such things.   

Xhan

Xhan

Kinda assuming Preds have honor. And the same f**ktard authors that say Preds have Honor also say Preds routinely kill each other.

Conundrum.

Also ignores the deathmatch footage of Preds blasting Preds.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 20, 2009, 04:47:06 AM
Kinda assuming Preds have honor. And the same f**ktard authors that say Preds have Honor also say Preds routinely kill each other.

Conundrum.

Yeah well deathmatch was only added because every FPS wants to reel in the masses of
idiots who only crave chaos before self destruction over and over.   I mean it can be fun in a few rare instances, but overall, I'd take a pure 3-way species test of team survival.  

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: affinity on Nov 20, 2009, 04:53:29 AM

Conundrum.

Yeah well deathmatch was only added because every FPS wants to reel in the masses of
idiots who only crave chaos before self destruction over and over.   I mean it can be fun in a few rare instances, but overall, I'd take a pure 3-way species test of survival. 

That... or it's fun. One of those.

affinity

affinity

DM is only fun for 5 minutes.   whereas TDM with no respawns feels great with 30 minutes. 

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

links to new videos are really laggy for some reason...

Brother

Brother

A pred fight in the new Predators movie.
I can see it now - Black Super Pred vs. PredHead, maybe 3 vs 3.

Yutani

Yutani

Conundrum.

Well , Samurais had honour, and used to kill each other. So its not a big issue.

Anyway, i dont know a thing about the Preds EU.

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: Galliruler on Nov 20, 2009, 01:15:17 AM
Quote from: affinity on Nov 19, 2009, 11:40:56 PM
the maps looks like they will be so small.    sigh................

haha I'm going to laugh when someone taunts people by spamming the Predator eyes flash,
and they blow him up with the grenade launcher.  XD
That's one of the Predator's taunts?

If I'm not mistaken, the eye flash is when the Predator switches his view modes.

Ijapa

Ijapa

Quote from: affinity on Nov 20, 2009, 04:45:00 AM
Aaaaah!   Preds don't kill preds!    Anyway,  yeah for the sake of fun factor, they gotta add options to
prevent the same species killing each other.  Marine vs Marine is just the same thing we experience in 1000s of other FPSs.   Alien vs Alien makes no sense either unless people want to reexperience their moments with AVP: Extinction RTS.

and Predator vs. Predator is deplorable. there is no honor in such things.   

Uh ... samurai dueled to the death all the time.

Anyhoo, it's multiplayer. It doesn't have to make sense. It's just random acts of mutilation.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: affinity on Nov 20, 2009, 04:28:29 AMPredators are the most advanced civilization in the universe.
Try the Jockeys

kvon17

kvon17

Where the hell was it ever said ever that the predators were the most advanced civ in the universe?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed