The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,278 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Could be a case of favouring the first target it acquired.

Although that's not very Alien.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 17, 2009, 08:24:05 AM
The Aliens are probably too much of a fast target. The pulse rifle is already a superior choice against them.

Developers have stated as much.

Quotesounds

The headbite charge was after Burke figured out what he was looking at.

tigerija

tigerija

Its dooown, its dooown xD .

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteAnother thing in the video, when the xeno is coming up the stairs it walks pass the player and attacks the other guy in the corner. AI fail right there.
Not completely... it did get the job done, very efficently.  The Marine player was reloading and wasn't much of a threat for a split second.  In that second the Xeno goes and kills the AI teammate who was still capable of firing. Then sneaks up on the player and starts slashing away. Had it been a higher difficulty(or maybe he was in god mode?)... the player would have died.

....Yeah I'm just trying to justify it... XD

newbeing

newbeing

^ I agree. Whether it was just buy chance or actually coded that way it looked good to me. Not to mention the alien fled to the darkness after it successfully picked off one of the marines and started to receive fire.

Brother

Brother

He is also an easier kill when he is reloading, and I seriously doubt the AI alien would care if you are reloading or not. Probably scripted, the AI humanz gotta go first. But at least they could haveve placed the AI human closer to the alien, this way is just weird. "Wait in line, you will be attacked next, please."

It looked good to me when the pred was attacked by more aliens, 1 alien acted differently than the others which made me think that the AI was improved.

PLEXI

PLEXI

As I said, just trying to justify it lol.

The Player character is always stronger than any AI team mates in a game like this. The Alien went for the easier kill... whether it was just bad coding, or a scripted event is all up to debate and either point can be argued into infinity based on what little information we have :P

The AI is not perfect, nor ever will be. It definitely needs improving, but it does get the job done, and seems to be some what unpredictable.....which I'm liking a lot. 

magical_boy

magical_boy

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 17, 2009, 08:24:05 AM
The Aliens are probably too much of a fast target. The pulse rifle is already a superior choice against them.

well when it's not sprinting and you happen to see it from far away
for instance if an alien and predator are busy slashing each other, it would be great if I could pick them both off with the sniper rifle 

dallevalle

dallevalle

as human its so easy taken out aliens its more harder vs predators and i allways love playiing as humans in the older games but now that i have seen how awesome the gameplay and weapons are for predator i think i might start to go more with them now

CasualGamer

CasualGamer

Yeah, the route that Alien took looked perfectly good to me. Going around the boxes allowed the Alien to get a jump on the AI guy while simultaneously putting cover between it and the Player. After that it was able to disappear into the shadows and launch an ambush attack. If it had been me as an Alien, I would have done the exact same thing.

Now, whether or not this occurred because of chance or AI, I don't know. It just doesn't seem to warrant a negative opinion on the AI.

Brother

Brother

The guy is shooting at the alien. Still the alien passes him by, walking right next to him to attacks the other guy, who might also be armed. Disappearing in the shadows is ok and everything, but this is just shitty AI. The alien as we know it will never walk pass an armed enemy.

dallevalle

dallevalle

remember brother the game is not done yet still a good amount of time till it comes out so they can make it better and fix stuff so dont worry it will be great !

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: CasualGamer on Nov 17, 2009, 08:12:33 PM
Yeah, the route that Alien took looked perfectly good to me. Going around the boxes allowed the Alien to get a jump on the AI guy while simultaneously putting cover between it and the Player. After that it was able to disappear into the shadows and launch an ambush attack. If it had been me as an Alien, I would have done the exact same thing.

Now, whether or not this occurred because of chance or AI, I don't know. It just doesn't seem to warrant a negative opinion on the AI.

Incidental pathfinding may =/= genius. We'll know when the game is in hand.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: dallevalle on Nov 17, 2009, 09:34:09 PM
remember brother the game is not done yet still a good amount of time till it comes out so they can make it better and fix stuff so dont worry it will be great !
I'm not worried. :-\

Xhan

Xhan

Sell Out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed