The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,179 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

You could immediately tell that it was a Queen because of that signature breathing sound.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Quote from: Inferno on Nov 16, 2009, 05:09:39 PM
Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 16, 2009, 04:55:15 PM
There were relatively few holes in that one, especially compared it its sequel. I can only find the Alien's life-cycle as a true hole, otherwise it simply canonised a few elements that the games and comics suggested, like the heavy-duty plasma caster.

Don't want to turn this topic into a debate about the movies so i will leave it with this.

Avp2 - Requiem's, portrayal of the alien life cycle shouldn't be seen as a hole. The predalien was never seen before in the movies and the predator's lifecycle was never revealed.

How are the moviemakers supposed to put drones in the movie when there is only a limited number of drones in the movie due to the facehuggers?

They needed to add a life cycle. The drones somehow spawning the ability to produce babies was too farfetched. The predalien was the only uncharted territory.

If it spawned facehuggers it would be a queen. It needed something different. So...puke eggs in people's mouths, Stick your tail in their mouths and it comes out of there. stick ur tail up their ass. Sit on their face and give them a boston steamer. The only two ways that made sense was puke eggs or tail in mouth. This way it is basically the same pathway as the facehuggers (since they tranfer eggs through the oral cavity of it's victims). They went with puking the eggs, bc that is also, arguably, closer to a face hugger insemination. (I guess we could say the hugger's mouth is what the eggs come from, even though its most likely the "vagina-penis" that it looks like).

Therefore, I think what they did was fine.

i thought in a erly interview they told it will have the full life circle if im not totaly wrong

tigerija

tigerija

Guys look at predator video 0:30. It looks so real, sounds and look at marine eyes. Damn it looks intense.

Sylenall

Sylenall

Did anyone notice that moment in the new trailer where the marine almost seemed to be Iron-sighing with the pistol?

Or am I just being too hopeful?

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: Sylenall on Nov 16, 2009, 06:25:36 PM
Did anyone notice that moment in the new trailer where the marine almost seemed to be Iron-sighing with the pistol?

Or am I just being too hopeful?

Too hopeful.  :P

That was an in-game cutscene if I'm not mistaken.

Brother

Brother

I like the idea of the alien first removing the pred mask, then head biting. Then stopping to  smoke a cigar..

Xhan

Xhan

Inferno's hilarious. Disregard AvP but take AvP:R into account.

right.

QuoteHow are the moviemakers supposed to put drones in the movie when there is only a limited number of drones in the movie due to the facehuggers?

Ship full of facehuggers. Wow. I had to think about that for half a second. What a stretch.

If regeneration is actually in, then the retarded headbite simply leads to overcharge or full health, if not it's f**king stupid.

Aliens had quick in motion headbites as well: Burke, Ferro.

Taking off the mask is stupid. Bite face move on.

Yutani

Yutani

Burk? that was slow...even Burk had time to put that "omg" face...

Brother

Brother

In the movies some are slow for dramatic purposes. This is not the movies and we are not in the theater.
Quote from: Xhan on Nov 16, 2009, 07:50:50 PM
Bite face move on.
Indeed.

ikarop

ikarop

Guys, I posted it on the 1st page but just in case, please read the note bellow:

As you know the EurogamerTv videos weren't for public broadcast. If the official links get removed, please try not to re-post them publicly.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Brother on Nov 16, 2009, 08:27:30 PM
In the movies some are slow for dramatic purposes. This is not the movies and we are not in the theater.
Quote from: Xhan on Nov 16, 2009, 07:50:50 PM
Bite face move on.
Indeed.

This is not the movies? Its hilarious how some of you cry about "cannon" every time, but when "cannon" dont fit with your ideas..."this is not the movies...and that is for dramatic purposes".

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: ikarop on Nov 16, 2009, 08:32:10 PM
Guys, I posted it on the 1st page but just in case, please read the note bellow:

As you know the EurogamerTv videos weren't for public broadcast. If the official links get removed please try not to re-post them publicly.
Ok.

Brother

Brother

This is not about canon, this is about gameplay. Head bites are canon. Long head bite animations ruin the alien gameplay.

tigerija

tigerija

I like the headbite. as the cannon if would be GREAT that there are more cannons as in AJL. In AJL you have all cannons from movies. This one is from AvP movie. It blasts. In Predator 2 movie laser cuts trough enemy = penetration. In Predator 1 it was some kind of explosive. Cuts inside and does some kind of small explosive.

Anyway, shame if there will be only one cannon :( .

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: tigerija on Nov 16, 2009, 08:58:53 PM
I like the headbite. as the cannon if would be GREAT that there are more cannons as in AJL. In AJL you have all cannons from movies. This one is from AvP movie. It blasts. In Predator 2 movie laser cuts trough enemy = penetration. In Predator 1 it was some kind of explosive. Cuts inside and does some kind of small explosive.

Anyway, shame if there will be only one cannon :( .
Ohhh I get it now, he's talking about cannon not canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed