The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,193 times)

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: newbeing on Nov 16, 2009, 01:58:24 PM
Not sure how I feel about the alien getting knocked down and writhing on the floor like it's saying, "i've fallen and I can't get up!"

Sega really needs to start marketing this game more. Dante's inferno comes out the same month and EA has been pimping that game like nobody's business.

These trailers are good, but could be a bit more refined (probably why they weren't suppose to be submitted to the public just yet) because the Alien trailer really seems like a rough cut.

Still nice to see some new gameplay.

I agree with you Xhan that the marines' actions seem a bit static. I think they should look more like they're frightened for their lives, rather than just patrolling.

I loved it in AVP when marines would fire a few shots at you then run for their lives. Certainly want to experience that again.

Also did anyone else notice the little skull counter at the bottom right of the screen around 0:47.

The Alien was actualy just about to get up if you look close, then Predator Spears it.

LordShambler

LordShambler

the gametrailers.com pred vid looks kick-ass...but which weapon is he using on the bugs he kills at the end? is it really the spear?

Dusk

Dusk

He uses a Spear and Disc. But I don't really like the animations.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

That headbite gore was stupendous. I like.

Yutani

Yutani

You can throw the spear...nice  :)

Steve C

Steve C

The game really seems to be coming along nicely.  Looks smoother, A.I. looks better, Predator HUD is much improved (throwing the spear finally!), Aliens seem faster.

LARGE

LARGE

i wonder why the acid doesnt affect the predators.. in the trophy kill when he cut off half of the alien head he gets a whole shower of acid...

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 16, 2009, 02:58:17 PM
As long as you can sink a headbite through the bio mask and see Preddie eye balls dangling around I'm good.

I'd rather have the alien rip off the pred's mask somehow during the trophy animation and then headbite. We don't know if the headbite can pierce through the pred mask and don't quote avp1-movie.

If the alien rips off the pred's mask in trophy kill animation, and then headbites, no one will have complaints.

Steve C

Steve C

^^ Plus that would look way more badass anyway.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Inferno on Nov 16, 2009, 04:41:34 PM
don't quote avp1-movie.

Why not?

That question asked, I would rather the Alien did take off the Pred's mask - it just seems more climactic that way. Practically speaking, though, it would be an extra few seconds tacked onto an already long animations sequence.

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 16, 2009, 04:44:17 PM
Quote from: Inferno on Nov 16, 2009, 04:41:34 PM
don't quote avp1-movie.

Why not?

That question asked, I would rather the Alien did take off the Pred's mask - it just seems more climactic that way. Practically speaking, though, it would be an extra few seconds tacked onto an already long animations sequence.

Shorten some other aspects. instead of the dramatic look down the mouth scenario. hurry up and take the bite. U need to be quick with it anyway, your dealing with a pred, give him some time and he might be able to throw you off.

and i said don't quote it because there were lots of loop holes in that movie and it is not to be taken canon. everyone knows that....

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

There were relatively few holes in that one, especially compared it its sequel. I can only find the Alien's life-cycle as a true hole, otherwise it simply canonised a few elements that the games and comics suggested, like the heavy-duty plasma caster.

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 16, 2009, 04:55:15 PM
There were relatively few holes in that one, especially compared it its sequel. I can only find the Alien's life-cycle as a true hole, otherwise it simply canonised a few elements that the games and comics suggested, like the heavy-duty plasma caster.

Don't want to turn this topic into a debate about the movies so i will leave it with this.

Avp2 - Requiem's, portrayal of the alien life cycle shouldn't be seen as a hole. The predalien was never seen before in the movies and the predator's lifecycle was never revealed.

How are the moviemakers supposed to put drones in the movie when there is only a limited number of drones in the movie due to the facehuggers?

They needed to add a life cycle. The drones somehow spawning the ability to produce babies was too farfetched. The predalien was the only uncharted territory.

If it spawned facehuggers it would be a queen. It needed something different. So...puke eggs in people's mouths, Stick your tail in their mouths and it comes out of there. stick ur tail up their ass. Sit on their face and give them a boston steamer. The only two ways that made sense was puke eggs or tail in mouth. This way it is basically the same pathway as the facehuggers (since they tranfer eggs through the oral cavity of it's victims). They went with puking the eggs, bc that is also, arguably, closer to a face hugger insemination. (I guess we could say the hugger's mouth is what the eggs come from, even though its most likely the "vagina-penis" that it looks like).

Therefore, I think what they did was fine.

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

Well, I wonder if Aliens can still fast-headbite fallen corpses like in AvP1 (i don't remember about AvP2) and get diminished health and not the full refill.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

... or they could've written the movie well. The entire thing was a travesty, though, from start to finish.

According to the Bros., the Predalien is actually a Queen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed