The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,192 times)

Brother

Brother

Quote from: CasualGamer on Nov 16, 2009, 01:48:44 PM
Super-fast headbites are BS anyway.
Super-slow head bite animations are cool I guess?

newbeing

newbeing

Not sure how I feel about the alien getting knocked down and writhing on the floor like it's saying, "i've fallen and I can't get up!"

Sega really needs to start marketing this game more. Dante's inferno comes out the same month and EA has been pimping that game like nobody's business.

These trailers are good, but could be a bit more refined (probably why they weren't suppose to be submitted to the public just yet) because the Alien trailer really seems like a rough cut.

Still nice to see some new gameplay.

I agree with you Xhan that the marines' actions seem a bit static. I think they should look more like they're frightened for their lives, rather than just patrolling.

I loved it in AVP when marines would fire a few shots at you then run for their lives. Certainly want to experience that again.

Also did anyone else notice the little skull counter at the bottom right of the screen around 0:47.

Yutani

Yutani

BADASS videos, the game looks awesome at this stage.

And...marine gameplay, 35" seconds, rebellion should agree with some of you...an alien dodge the pulse rifle burst with a light-speed move.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 16, 2009, 01:16:47 PM
A:R sounds = fail

Headbite overanimation = double fail.

I definitely agree... Headbite seems like alien is moving his eye, not jaw... That is VERY redundant. Far too many animations overall IMO.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

I loved all the Vids cant be more happy

Rebellion catched the lv-426 Marine tension very well 

Alien gameplay seems fun too

I disliked the Disc animation in the Pred vid

all in all and as a mater of fact that they got 3 month left they will even more polish it

I cant hardly wait anymore as a Big Fan of the original AvP 1999 didnt liked AvP 2 mutch

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Brother on Nov 16, 2009, 01:56:29 PM

Alien and Aliens: Dam slow head bites, lonely aliens with lonely preys like Brett, Parker, Burk, Ferro....

AVP:R :  Fast head bites in the middle of a figth

The first one seems to be the best choice, its not like a "claw" attack...spawing the button, its more a iconic moment. And IMO, thats look more like a trophy-kill, than the normal head-bite we saw in the alien gameplay, whit this guy playing like a noob.

Brother

Brother

The aliens in the movies didn't have marines and preds on their asses when  they were head biting people. Your "iconic" moment will be your death, over and over. And for the 13 564th time - games can't follow movies all the way.

CasualGamer

CasualGamer

Quote from: Yutani on Nov 16, 2009, 02:36:54 PM
Quote from: Brother on Nov 16, 2009, 01:56:29 PM

Alien and Aliens: Dam slow head bites, lonely aliens with lonely preys like Brett, Parker, Burk, Ferro....

AVP:R :  Fast head bites in the middle of a figth

The first one seems to be the best choice, its not like a "claw" attack...spawing the button, its more a iconic moment. And IMO, thats look more like a trophy-kill, than the normal head-bite we saw in the alien gameplay, whit this guy playing like a noob.

Exactly. Headbites are no longer standard melee attacks, they are now trophy kills. Personally I can live with that, although I also understand why some people may feel upset about it. Can't please everyone.

Brother, I think it's a little early to say whether or not trophy kills will be suicidal or not. The majority of kills in the multiplayer footage were trophy kills. If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't go nay-saying it without anything to back it up.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Brother on Nov 16, 2009, 02:48:00 PM
The aliens in the movies didn't have marines and preds on their asses when  they were head biting people. Your "iconic" moment will be your death, over and over. And for the 13 564th time - games can't follow movies all the way.

Yeah, thats the reason you have to "know" where and when make a "head-bite" (Its a health recharge move)...not a rocket launcher to launch in the middle of a figth against 3 or 4 foes...Offcourse we didt see the aliens making head-bites to marines...coz its not the rigth moment to performe a head-bite, with some people arround  firing pulse rifle burst at you.

Aeus

Aeus

Sucks that we're getting the AVP/R spear instead of that phat P2 spear. And less said about the disc design, the better.

Animations rox my sox though.

Dusk

Dusk

Trophy/Stealth kills definitely seem suicidal in MP. I've seen someone do a stealth kill, then a stealth kill got performed on him and I'm not sure, but there might have been a 3rd stealth kill performed on the 2nd guy.

Brother

Brother

*Iconic moment - the head bite*

*Your death, over and over - you will die a lot when head biting because it slows you down and blocks your view*

The head bite process was slow in he movies, but the actual head bite (where little mouth does his thing) is very fast. The new head bite hurts the gameplay.

Aeus

Aeus

As long as you can sink a headbite through the bio mask and see Preddie eye balls dangling around I'm good.

Yutani

Yutani

If you want to performe trophy-kills over and over in the middle of a figth you will die, yeah. But trophy-kills are an option, you have to choose when its the best moment to make one.

Dusk

Dusk

Funny thing though, the exact same thing I've seen in the AvP videos, happened to me in Uncharted 2. I snapped someone's neck from behind, a second later someone snapped my neck and another second later my teammate snapped the other guy's neck. It was hilarious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed