The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,181 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 15, 2009, 11:27:10 PM
But now they are on youtube and I've been looking for a way to download them. So thanks for posting them again tigerija.

I put them on youtube for the 1st page of this post. Those are the original  HD files:

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

This game looks really cool, reservations about Alien sounds and animations aside.

I'm liking the disc and the spear. It looks like the spear is either a very powerful jab or is thrown, which makes it an interesting addition rather than a melee replacement. I wonder if there's just one, or if we'll see lots of them scattered around the Predator temple sections like Under A Hunter's Moon?

The survival horror aspect of the Marine gameplay looks pretty well-done. Looks like, for the most part, the Marine only really deals with a couple of Aliens at a time at most. My one reservation might be that sometimes the Aliens still present themselves as too obvious, like that one crawling along the ground at slow speed. It only sped up and escaped when the Marine fired at it. But we'll see about that when the game comes out.

As for Aliens as enemies, one thing I'm hoping we'll see if them using the wall-crawl ability better than in AvP2. In that game, Aliens appeared to sort of just choose on surface and attack from that. In AvP1, the Aliens went from surface to surface as they saw fit. I'm hoping we see the same here, but with the added tension of an AI that has a grasp on ambush tactics.

Alien gameplay looks good on the whole. One thing I'd do with it is to make the levels more free-roam. I don't mean that in a sandbox game kind of way, but I disliked in the previous AvP games how the access tunnels and vents you could use were so limited. It would be nice if there was a whole system of access tunnels above and below hallways that you could use, because a lot of the gameplay (although mostly in AvP2) was just you, as an Alien, walking through hallways.
I mean, come on.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Nice footage love the marine one

.·.Predator.·.

Looks like they really nailed the Marine single-player based on what little we've seen so far.

For the Predator, it'll be interesting to see how they balance the spear weapon. It would be kinda silly to have like 10 spears scattered throughout the level, but only being able to use a spear 2 or 3 times would be pretty disappointing. Perhaps they'll allow you to pick it up after you've thrown it? Would be nice if they added a melee component to it, too. I'm also kinda disappointed with the disc. I mean, I know you want to put your own personal touch on things like this and for the most part they did a good job but I really liked the original concept.

The Alien looks bloody amazing. A light sensor, a pheromone silhouette, what appears to be an auditory sensor in the top left/right... and they implemented the orientation indicator in a simple, but very effective way. I like it.

Still want a demo, though.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: .·.Predator.·. on Nov 16, 2009, 02:55:58 AM
Looks like they really nailed the Marine single-player based on what little we've seen so far.

For the Predator, it'll be interesting to see how they balance the spear weapon. It would be kinda silly to have like 10 spears scattered throughout the level, but only being able to use a spear 2 or 3 times would be pretty disappointing. Perhaps they'll allow you to pick it up after you've thrown it? Would be nice if they added a melee component to it, too. I'm also kinda disappointed with the disc. I mean, I know you want to put your own personal touch on things like this and for the most part they did a good job but I really liked the original concept.

The Alien looks bloody amazing. A light sensor, a pheromone silhouette, what appears to be an auditory sensor in the top left/right... and they implemented the orientation indicator in a simple, but very effective way. I like it.

Still want a demo, though.

Yup i would love a demo right now

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

For some reason I feel like we are going to get a demo before January.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 16, 2009, 04:42:01 AM
For some reason I feel like we are going to get a demo before January.

Oh please lord, all mighty one let us have this demo and we shall not disapprove this work of art.

I can't stop watching those videos best quality i've seen up to yet and somethings are new yes early demo this year please!!111

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Link under Marine and Alien is both marine video. for Alien just type Alien where Marine is in the address.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Space Voyager on Nov 16, 2009, 08:26:30 AM
Link under Marine and Alien is both marine video. for Alien just type Alien where Marine is in the address.

I guess I need some sleep lol, fixed.

BTW I knew it! Just got press note from Eurogamer saying they messed up big time and leaked those videos by mistake. Watch them while you can.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

wow....... the new vids are very impressive! starting to look amazing! love the marine vid.
Nice to see the Spear and disc too.
Now we just need a DEMO!"

Brother

Brother

"ZOMG I WANNA DEMO NAOW!1!"

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

i hope we get a demo before Christmas.

Xhan

Xhan

A:R sounds = fail

Headbite overanimation = double fail.

Aliens and Marines don't seem particularly active or aware yet, still.

CasualGamer

CasualGamer

Super-fast headbites are BS anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed