The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,181 times)

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Sylizar on Nov 11, 2009, 12:48:26 PM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 11, 2009, 12:30:02 AM
Hopefully each is not JUST one level. Or else I am gonna be really upset because it took about 10 minutes to finish the jungle part unless the Marine base that was also shown in later demos was part of the Jungle level but I am pretty sure thats the Refinery. So that means about 10 minutes for each level... 60 minutes... I hope I am wrong.

Seriously?.....After the Marine outpost there is clearly a section in the jungle with a Predalien. The devs have stated each campaign was approximately six hours. Did you seriously think each would be an hour?

Actually the devs at Gamescom said that the whole game would last about 12 hours (probably on normal difficulty). So that's 4 hours per campaign. 4 hours split across 5 or 6 levels amounts to each level lasting a little under 45 minutes if they're timed evenly. I'm sure some levels last longer than others.

Back to the vid. I'm kinda sad to see that the downed pred doesn't blow up when self destruct is activated, but rather fizzles like a sparkler. Would be great if you set it to blow and then were attacked by Aliens. Race against time and against a horde of oncoming aliens.

Dusk

Dusk

We have to wait a bit, it's still work in progress. Just look at how the hud changed, as well as the hands and wristblades. I thought that energy emitting from the gauntlet was similar to Predator 1, when suddenly energy was building up, you saw everything get brighter, electricity in the background and then it blew up. It'll probably be the same in the finished game. At least I hope. The Mission could end with a giant explosion behind the Predator as he races to leave the area.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 11, 2009, 06:51:58 AM
Quote from: predalien27 on Nov 11, 2009, 12:44:01 AM
I was mad to not see the Electro Vision, a.k.a. Alien Vision in the Russian vid.  What the hell is the Distractatron? Sound like they got that from Ratchet and Clank? Couldn't you have given it a better name like Vocal Mimcry (hence Predator C:C)?  I don't like all the yellows in the loading screen, sure it is my fav color, but I liked the old blackish WY sign and the Alien pop up and then the florecent lights when the loading screen came on.  But those are just the flaws... everything looks 69,000 times better.  Scripted POV moments? AWSOME!  New finishers? Awsome, other than the one against canon.  New hud, wrist blades, Pred hands? Awsome. Finally they put in the silver-teeth Aliens too! Now let's see the predalien!

Anyone notice the Predator has compitition?

I hope you won't let little things like a loading screen upset you. Who cares what color the WY is its bugs and the hunter we care about bro.
Just sayin it looked better before.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: newbeing on Nov 11, 2009, 07:50:48 PM
Quote from: Sylizar on Nov 11, 2009, 12:48:26 PM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 11, 2009, 12:30:02 AM
Hopefully each is not JUST one level. Or else I am gonna be really upset because it took about 10 minutes to finish the jungle part unless the Marine base that was also shown in later demos was part of the Jungle level but I am pretty sure thats the Refinery. So that means about 10 minutes for each level... 60 minutes... I hope I am wrong.

Seriously?.....After the Marine outpost there is clearly a section in the jungle with a Predalien. The devs have stated each campaign was approximately six hours. Did you seriously think each would be an hour?

Actually the devs at Gamescom said that the whole game would last about 12 hours (probably on normal difficulty). So that's 4 hours per campaign. 4 hours split across 5 or 6 levels amounts to each level lasting a little under 45 minutes if they're timed evenly. I'm sure some levels last longer than others.

Back to the vid. I'm kinda sad to see that the downed pred doesn't blow up when self destruct is activated, but rather fizzles like a sparkler. Would be great if you set it to blow and then were attacked by Aliens. Race against time and against a horde of oncoming aliens.

If that Marine Outpost, the starting Jungle and then the piece of jungle with the PredXeno were ALL part of the JUNGLE level I am fine even though it took them like 15 minutes max to get to the PredXeno. Like I said I hope I am wrong.

Brother

Brother

3 parts of each level x 15 minutes
6 levels = around 4 hours
It comes close to what devs have said. It's all theory and math right now.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Brother on Nov 11, 2009, 10:39:50 PM

Thats seems about right though some levels may be longer than others it will probably be something like you said.

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 12, 2009, 12:09:21 AM
Quote from: Brother on Nov 11, 2009, 10:39:50 PM

Thats seems about right though some levels may be longer than others it will probably be something like you said.

I'm shut it'll take longer if you try to play for "real"..meaning that you play as the characters, alien and predators should take longer to complete if you want to play good cause of all the sneaking and acting movie-ish. ;D

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Maybe. To some that may be a benefit to some it may not be.

Wolf Master74

Wolf Master74

thx for keeping this simple.
i cant wait till the realese of this. i cant wait till Feb.2010 to
get this, iwant to play it now.
anyways thanks for the vid organization. it helps out alot.

It comes close to what i think the levels should be. all
averything is up to math now, but that seems about right for the length
of the levels in avp3. i wonder if the campaigns will have an acual
good story to them or just a killing "rampage" story plot through
out the game:)

Brother

Brother

I'm not even good at math. :P

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1177975328293&ref=mf

Some new scenes showen and many old ! but its nice to check out

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks really detailed and amazing.

ikarop

ikarop

T4p! I was told It wasn't coming this early, glad it did!

Brother

Brother

Nice indeed. Want some eye candy?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks like it was out a week ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed